Monday, April 24, 2006

Happy Birthday to my DD!

My daughter is seven-years-old today.

Seven.

How is that possible when I only had her last week? I was chatting with one of her Aunts yesterday -- who was at the hospital when I was in labor (funny story, I'll have to tell you some day) -- and she said the same thing.

Where does the time go.

Oddly, I found myself going around the house singing "Sunrise, Sunset" the other day. Now I really do get that song. I mean, she's going to be a teenager tomorrow at this rate!

In her honor, I did a quiz:

Your Birthdate: April 24

You understand people well and are a natural born therapist.

A peacemaker, people always seem to get along when you are around.

You tend to be a father or mother figure to friends, even to those older than you.
You enjoy your role, and you find that you are close to many people.

Your strength: Your devotion

Your weakness: Reliance on others for happiness

Your power color: Lilac

Your power symbol: Heart

Your power month: June


This is actually quite true, especially the "You tend to be a father or mother figure to friends" part. She is a great little mother, and takes care of anyone (or anything) in her path.

She is also my best cheering section about my writing (along with my mom, and friend, Cathy - *waves* - and a great bunch of online buddies that I couldn't live without - *waves again* - ), though she does get frustrated that she can't read everything I write. I let her read quite a bit, but not *ahem* certain parts.

Today, the world revolves around her. She usually feels that way, but today it's true! One of the joys of homeschooling, is that she doesn't have to "do" school today -- I've declared a holiday in honor of her birthday. She's going to have a blast.

No comments: