Friday, December 09, 2011

Whazzup...

So WOW! The temperatures here have dropped like a rock. We went from balmy and in the 60s to "HOLY COW it's winter!". Of course, we're getting our chimney cleaned today, so can't have a fire in the stove to keep the house toasty -- and when we heat with oil, we keep the thermostat WAY down. :::shivers:::

Still, I can't complain. It's been very mild (last year was FREEZING) and, really, even though it's cold, it's not as cold as it usually is in December. And, Sarita? In response to your kind offer yesterday, no I don't want any snow. Thank you anyway. *G*

I realized today that we're nearly in double digits for December and I don't even have my cards out. That's on my list of things to do for this weekend. Used to be I had my cards out the day after Thanksgiving and that I started my Christmas shopping the day after Christmas (because WOW the deals!). Now? I'm lucky if I remember it IS time for Christmas and show up on the 25th.

It's amazing how much of DD's homework is done on the computer. Right now, she's using our old desktop, but next year she's required to have a laptop. Add THAT to my school supplies shopping list -- whee!

Last night she was working on a science assignment in Google documents. And once it's done, they simply share it with the teacher so he can grade it. Crazy. And her teachers are all readily available via email and many of them are on the school chat in the evening for questions. I wonder if public school does stuff like that? Is it the wave of the future?

No big plans for the weekend aside from getting my cards out. And mastering Word Press (hahaha).

You?

===================




You Are Meticulous



You are smart, clever, and perceptive. You know how to synthesize and process information.

You notice every detail, and you are good at finding inconsistencies. Nothing slips by you.

You often see things that other people never notice. When you imagine how something should look, you see it clearly in your mind.

You are more of a thinker than a talker. When you speak, you usually have something important to say.



That's mostly right (except that I can't seem to grasp the concept of Word Press). And the funny thing? I didn't *want* to choose that one -- I kept thinking I should like one of the pink ones better, but they annoyed me. The only one I looked at that didn't grate on my nerves was this one. Funny.

And... a nod to my title -- who remembers when this came out?



======================

6 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

Have fun with the cards!

Brandy said...

Don't feel too bad about the cards. I haven't even chosen any yet!
Your Daughter will need a laptop for school next year? Wow, that is some kind of expensive school supply!

Hope you have a beautiful weekend!

Charity Tahmaseb said...

While it isn't required, we did get Andrew a laptop when he went into ninth grade. They do a lot on the computer and submit assignments that way.

He even has a program called Smart Music for orchestra that he uses to practice and be graded on certain aspects of playing the violin. This thing is cool. Plus, I can hear his playing improve with each session.

MJFredrick said...

Get a netbook--I'll keep an eye out for good prices. They're very light and portable. That's what we got Josh for Christmas last year.

Dru said...

They're required? Oh my, how times have changed.

We're feeling a dip in the temps as well.

Have a good weekend.

Tori Lennox said...

Not too long ago, Missouri tried to pass a law stating teachers could "friend" their students on Facebook. That went over like a ton of bricks.