Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Down Day

Well... I'm ending my year with a rejection from Samhain on "Now and Forever". They didn't even ask for changes or a resubmission, though it wasn't a form rejection and she explained what she thought would help make the story better in her opinion.

*sigh*

I'm going to set it aside a bit and give some thought as to what to do next.

Today I have a dentist appointment. So, yep, the day just keeps getting better!

DH is finally feeling better, but DD has been sick. She hit the wall yesterday (she tends to have one really bad day and night, and I think she just had it).

It's been an interesting week so far, and we still have the rest with DH and DD off.

Thanks to all for exercise suggestions. Charity, I wish I could do half of what you said, but since my knee problems from last year, I'm extremely limited. I can't do anything weight bearing (so no squats, no significant stair climbing), nothing more than low impact (no jumping, jogging, marching in place) and nothing that twists my knee (which leaves out zumba and most dancing). Mostly ... I walk. And in crappy NE winter weather, that's hard. And DD isn't into doing anything alone. We're looking to eventually buy a treadmill, but finances haven't allowed for it yet.

And so are the days of my life.

=====================




You Are the 7



You value personal growth. If you're not changing, it's likely something is going wrong in your life.

You are a lucky person, but it's partially due to how you've crafted you're life.

You are a great leader, and you lead without your ego. You know where you're going, and others want to follow.

You are comfortable with and really appreciate freedom. You think it's important to be able to do your own thing.



Mostly right.

==================

9 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

This sucks. I thought returning authors always got a little extra consideration. Did they change policy or is this a new editor?

At least she gave you some thoughts on revisions. You can always resubmit anyway.

I'm so sorry to hear this news. Hugs from me and kisses from Murray. Email me if you want to discuss further.

Dru said...

I'm so sorry. {{{hugs}}}

re quiz: I'm a 7 and it's 50% accurate.

I hope the day gets better for you.

Goddess Fish Promotions said...

Sucks :-( Sorry I wasn't online this morning.

I am a bell....You are ruled by your impulses. Luckily, you are driven by cheer, goodwill, and just plain old fun.
You are a people person, and you are happiest when you have a full social calendar.

You tend to be more doubting than certain. You can be swayed with the right arguments.
You live in the present moment, and you like to savor each day you've been given.

Charity Tahmaseb said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about the rejection. I do think you have plenty of options in this brave new world of publishing--keep that in mind.

Darn--I forgot about your knee. Some things to consider: yoga and Pilates. Isn't Pilates done lying down? It's like exercise *and* a nap. What could be better?

Also, there's that walking exercise gal, but I've never tried her DVDs, so I don't know if 1) they work and 2) they would work for your knee.

And ... don't for get craigslist or freecycle when looking for a treadmill. You might be able to get a "gently used" one for a reasonable price.

Just some (more) thoughts. Sending hugs your way.

Brandy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your submission. BIG HUGS!
Hmm, as for exercising, what about your Mom's pool? Swimming is low-impact, but a great workout and you can use different equipment in the pool for upper body weights. Maybe find a pool with water aerobics offered. (Our Pine Y has loads of water based fitness classes. I'm still trying to figure out how they do water Yoga. *g*) I know Yoga was mentioned, but if you have knee issues it's not a great idea as many of the poses require you to place your weight on your knees. However, Pilates is core based and many of the exercises are floor based. And best of all, Denise Austen wrote a book a few years ago that has pictures of many of the moves and walks you through it.

I hope your day improves!

Tori Lennox said...

Hugs sweetie!!! That really sucks.

Angelina Rain said...

Sorry about the rejection. Those can be hard sometimes. Maybe you could submit it somewhere else?

You could try Pilates. I tried that when I was in high school. It's easy on the knees and it really works your muscles.

Melissa McClone said...

I'm sorry about the rejection. I'd use her comments to revise and resubmit elsewhere. I know a friend of mine sold to Entangled. Hugs. It's never a nice feeling.

Pilates is great if you have healthy or physical issues! Highly recommend it! I haven't done it in a few years, but it really made a difference when I did it. Pretty much reshapes your body. DD can do it too!

MJFredrick said...

Well, hell. I'm so sorry! But like Charity said, LOTS of options these days! Good luck!