Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Here!

Sorry about missing yesterday -- woke up late and then realized I hadn't edited any of the reviews for yesterday on LASR/WC -- something I usually do over the weekend, but had been focused on setting up the blogs for our huge Stuff Your Stocking With Books promo that will be going on for two weeks.

I'm not sure today is going to be any better. I'm annoyed with DD's BFF, for starters. The class is going on a field trip to buy things at the dollar store to make gift bags for the homeless shelter here and then were going to stop at McDonald's for lunch. It would have been a fun treat for the kids, and a break for me not having to pack a lunch. But BFF is a vegetarian and pitched a fit (because apparently it would have killed her to pack a lunch and let the other kids eat there), so now they aren't going. Or maybe they are. But maybe not. And DD doesn't know and it created MUCH drama last night that just spiraled into more until we had some lovely shouting matches and DD was so stressed she went to bed at seven.

She's up early today to pack a super special lunch for herself. If they go to McD's she'll just eat her packed lunch. And if they do go, and she eats her packed lunch, I'm sure I'll have more drama today.

She told me last night she didn't WANT to be a teenager. "Mom, I don't want to be angry at you." and she says sometimes she hears things come out of her mouth that she doesn't want to say.

I was so mentally and emotionally wrung out, that I shut off the computer early and crawled into bed with a notepad. I sketched out the bones of a story I want to work on, and then pulled out a really old Nora Roberts comfort read and lulled myself to sleep.

I really, really hope today is less full of drama.

And I'm still struggling with Word Press, but have hopes I may actually figure it out some day.

================




You Are Conservative and Professional



You are efficient and precise. You like to get down to business.

You are tactful and polite. You are well bred enough not to offend anyone.

Focused and super charged, your instincts are a good guide for your next step.

You need to mull things over for a long time. You prefer to take your time when making up your mind.



That's mostly right.

=====================

5 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Don't they serve salads at McDonald's?

Sometimes people over-complicate things. It doesn't matter if you're vegetarian, diabetic, on a fast, or a low fat diet. Your dietary restrictions aren't someone else's problem. Other than being diabetic, it's a choice. And you don't get to choose for your friends, just yourself.

Sorry to hear you were dragged into it.

Brandy said...

I won't say what I'm thinking of your DD's BFF. But, I will say that she could have brought her own lunch and let the class go to McD's.
I can tell you that I have a teenager and they are tough to get along with sometimes, but mine has never said anything that has made me angry. Just the WAY she says it. *g*

Hope your day goes well!

Tori Lennox said...

Hugs sweetie!!! The BFF sounds like a spoiled brat (so says the woman with no kids *g*) and I agree with Maria. Her dietary issues are nobody else's problem.

Tori Lennox said...

Oh and I've had diabetes since I was a child and I wouldn't have DREAMED of forcing everyone else to adhere to my diet. But then maybe my mom raised me better. ;)

Dru said...

I was going to say the same thing as Maria...they do sell salads and the BFF enters the adult worlds, she'll discover that the world doesn't turn around her.

so, did they go to McDonalds?