Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Quote Fun

I was blank this morning when thinking of what to write today. Blank. So, I looked for blog meme's on Google, and found this site. It has quotes to be used as writing prompts which, while not what I was looking for, had a cool enough quote I had to share.

Here it is:

Why do writers write? Because it isn't there. -- Thomas Berger

That's a strong truth, in my opinion. I think, too, that writers write because there are stories in their brains that bounce around, needing to get out, and we'd go a little crazy if we didn't put them down on paper. Think of the heaaches!

Here's another great quote I stumbled upon:

Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity. -- Christopher Morley


It's kind of fun to be just a little different than everyone else. As a writer, I tend to see more in things. As a person who loves to figure out a mystery, I tend to see suspicious acts in what others might think is normal behavior. If I keep it up, I'll end up like Mel Gibson's character in "Conspiracy Theory"...LOL...

The only thing that makes life possible is permanent, intolerable uncertainty; not knowing what comes next.
-- Ursula K. LeGuin

This is the story of my writing life. I try, oh I try, to figure out what's going to happen in my stories. It doesn't work. At least it keeps me interested in what I'm working on... I need to know what happens next!

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. -- Walt Disney

How many writers ideas have come from "I wonder..."? I wonder what would happen if.... I wonder who might do....? I wonder if this would....?

Curiouser and curiouser...

And thus ends my foray into quotations today. I wrote a lot and said nothing (hmmm... I wonder just what that says about my other writing?).

Incidentally, yesterday I mentioned a book I'd read with a character who was chivalrous, to the dismay of the very independent heroine. It kept poking at me all day... what book was that... what book was that? So, I pulled out my "keeper" books and figured it out.

It was "Heaven and Earth" by Nora Roberts (not Jenny Crusie, as I first supposed). I just needed to get that off my chest.

Have a lovely day! I will -- I'm finally getting to see X-Men 3! Yay!

1 comment:

Kelley Nyrae said...

Great quotes. I love quotes. LIked the writer one, too!