Sunday, June 04, 2006

I'm a Five

Thanks to Charity, I have a blog entry today. She shared the link to find out your "soul number" from Astrology.com.

After clicking through about fifteen different pages, I discovered that…

Your Soul Number is FIVE.


A deep inner restlessness and discontent with the status quo makes you seek out adventure, excitement, and the unconventional. You thrive on new ideas, change, travel, experimenting with new ways of doing things. Predictability and routine make you feel lifeless and unhappy so you must find a lifestyle that is varied enough to be mentally stimulating and challenging. Independent, freedom-loving, and easily bored, you have trouble making commitments and finishing projects. You often "move on" prematurely, whether in a personal relationship or in your work. You need to develop discipline and perseverance when you have an important goal.

You have many talents and need many outlets and avenues for their expression, but try to finish one thing before attempting the next.


I had to laugh a little, in a "how did they know?" kind of way at this.

While not all of this is correct -- For instance, "You often "move on" prematurely, whether in a personal relationship or in your work." couldn't be more wrong (consider that I've had few jobs in my life, only leaving when I had little choice, I've been married for ten years, and I've known my best friend for about twenty-five years!) -- much is correct.

I do get bored easily. And the older I get, the less patience I have with boring things (books, for instance) and people.

The whole "seeking out adventure" thing isn't absolutely correct, either. I like familiarity. I won't jump out of planes or tie a bit of rubber around me and leap from a bridge. I do have to admit to enjoying new places, and discovering new things.

But, I think that my writing meets much of those requirements. I may not jump out of a plane, but my character might. I may not actually be an international traveler, but my research and my reading puts me anywhere I want to be.

I do think that I have a problem with stick-to-it-tiveness in my editing, though. The writing is fun and stimulating. I haven't got any problem finishing a first draft. Editing is NOT fun, nor is it stimulating. It is WORK.

But, I'm determined to overcome my soul number and get it done. I'm hunkering down with both my new book and my old, and will finish them both -- have them polished until they shine and get them out there in the cold, cruel world.

Of course, I could always just change my name and see what happens...

No comments: