Friday, May 12, 2006

Tired...

Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.
~ Dion Boucicault


I'm exhausted.

It's raining here for the third day, and shows no sign of stopping (this is partly my fault -- there was an outdoor gathering scheduled for this weekend that I dreaded, so I prayed for rain... but I didn't mean two weeks worth!), my niece -- a sweet girl, yes, but -- doesn't know the meaning of being alone and is glued to my side, my daughter is bouncing off the walls, my husband is terminally grouchy because he hates his job and my cat keeps waking me up too early (I tried locking her out of the bedroom, but then she just knocks on the door all night). I still love my dog and my mom, but that's about it.

Guess what I haven't done lately.

Yup. Writing.

I started work on that great short story idea I blogged about a couple of days ago, but it's flat. I tried to work on editing Camilla, but I just stare and think, "Ah, it's okay the way it is."

My husband asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day.

I want a hotel room with a laptop computer for 24 hours of solitude. I can't even imagine.

And... hey... what' up with Criminal Minds???? Huh??? Stupid, stupid season finales....patience is not my strong suit.

2 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

I beg to differ... the rain is my fault. Both daughter's have outdoor events tomorrow. Paige has Special O's-regional games in Keene. Poor kid. The state wide winter games were canceled due to lack of snow and now these games may be canceled due to too much rain. Where was that precipitation in February??

I've been editing and synopsising. Blah on both! I understand your need for solitude. It's a rare commodity here. I can't remember the last time I had more than hour to myself.

I hate season finale's too. I'm a huge Office fan (new fan) and they ended it in a perfect spot (also being a diehard romantic), but now I have to wait months and months to find out what happens! And nearly every other favorite show will end for the season in the next few weeks. Whatever will I do???

Stay dry!

qdovmfml-I'm too tired to even try

Judy said...

I personally know about your lack of patience :-) Never fear. Now that I'm home from vacation and on a computer that the keyboard actually WORKS on, hopefully GS will move forward. Maybe (just maybe) even MORE than one episode a day. We'll see.

BTW... loved the story about the hot dog in Flashshot. I had forgotten it. Congratulations!
Wasn't Pam supposed to have on in there as well at some point?

And, thankfully, the rain is something I didn't have anything to do with! Just wishing both you and Ceri well and wondering should I start sending up ark supplies????