Saturday, May 20, 2006

Evil Editor and Saturday Spam-A-Lot

The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes

If you haven't read Evil Editor, stop reading this right now and go. Immediately. But don't drink coffee or anything else whilst you're reading because you will spew the contents across your keyboard. Guaranteed.

If you've already read EE, feel free to examine the more interesting contents of my bulk email box, below (thanks go to Tori and Eve for my inspiration:

Re: test CtALLhlS (test ctALLhis? And why would I even consider getting this test ctALLhis from a person who can't spell?)

Any med for your girl to be happy - (my girl is seven years-old and perpetually happy -- except yesterday when she watched "Lassie Come Home" and cried for hours. I admit, I did, too. Maybe I do need those happy pills.)

Re: test AcMBBtEN - (see ctALLhis, above)

Good Day to you! - (and to you! Now go away.)

Hello Sir, - (Um… n-o-o-o-o-o-o-o. Guess again.)

fwd: I dont think you know about this - (and, considering I just deleted you without opening it, I still don't. Oddly, it isn't keeping me awake at night.)

Re: test CtALLloS - (So, what is it? ctALLhis or ctALLIos?)

your crreddit - (Seriously now -- are other folks so stupid that they would buy something from an unsolicited and misspelled email? Really??)

And in writing news....
I tried to jump ahead in my Maass workbook, to just do his list for an outline that's at the very end and discovered to my dismay that in order to complete that, I need to do his exercises.

Dang.

There are no shortcuts in this writing thing, are there?

Hangs head and goes back to exercise fifteen.

1 comment:

Ceri Hebert said...

I have tears in my eyes over that EE post. I'm at work so I couldn't laugh out loud (not allowed to have fun here)

Thanks for sharing!!!!

opkthnfv-I dont even have the time...