Sunday, November 13, 2005

What I'm Reading

Don't have a ton of time for blogging today since I need almost 4,000 words by tomorrow to reach the halfway point in my goal BUT thought I'd share what I'm currently reading so you can see how odd I really am. I never read only one book at a time, so be prepared:

I needed to research why my character, Camilla, would be a vegetarian and have since become fascinated with the frightening culture of death behind our slaughterhouses. I'm not against meat consumption, but I am against outright cruelty. Enough said.





I picked this up because I love Kay Hooper. I realized after I started it, though, that it's part of a series. So... off I trotted to the local library to get all of her "Bishop" series. Great stuff so far -- psychic crime solving and a touch of romance. What more could a girl ask for?




I grabbed this because I've heard so much about it. I'm only a few chapters in and am truly mesmerized by the idea he puts forth. I'd love to write a book about it, but I'm sure a million other people have the same idea, so I won't.




Jude Deveraux is an author who helped introduce me to romance, so when I saw that she had a new book, I had to read it. I'm struggling through it, I have to admit, so am wondering if I've outgrown her. Is that possible?




Okay, enough NaNo-crastination. I need to write!

No comments: