Saturday, November 12, 2005

Parking and Testosterone

I don't understand it. A small thing, to be sure, but seemingly crossing all lines: economic, race, education.

It's this: Men back into parking spaces.

Why?

Is it preprogrammed into their DNA? Do little boys back their Hot Wheels into the parking spots in the little garage?

I seldom see women backing into a spot at the mall, though I'm sure it happens occasionally. But I'm more inclined to think that, when we see a woman get into a car that appears to have been backed into a spot, she actually got there early enough to pull through - forward - from the other side.

There's no deep, hidden meaning to this post. It's just something that's bugged me for years, and I want an answer. I wonder if the government would give me a couple million dollars to research this question.

Anyone have an answer?

In Writing News:

I'm at just over 21,000 words for my NaNoWriMo novel and need to be at 25,000 words by the end of Monday to stay on track. Things aren't going quite as planned, but I'm really beginning to like my heroine, which surprises me some since she started out as a psychotic boyfriend stalker.

1 comment:

Ceri Hebert said...

LOL I always back into my space at home, but thats the only place. And I only do that because we live on a busy road and its easier to back in to the space than to back out into the road.

Have a productive day!
Ceri