Wednesday, November 09, 2005

My Favorite NaNo Dare Yet!

The dare was:

Input your character's name into Googlism and then use everything that comes up in your novel.

I put in Liv's name and it said that Google didn't know enough about her yet.

But I hit the jackpot with Mike:


  • mike peck is head of the food safety microbiology group

  • mike peck is a founder

  • mike peck is now back at his original employer

  • mike peck is a professional engineer and has worked with mark hughes for over four years after graduating from tuns in nova scotia with a mechanical degree

  • mike peck is a camera engineer

  • mike peck is not entered in the current competition

  • mike peck is a dear friend who has helped me through a lot of stuff in the past few years

  • mike peck is head of the food safety microbiology group and a scientific programme leader in the food safety science division at the institute of food

  • mike peck is serenading dusty

  • mike peck is no longer undefeated

I think I can use about half. NOT the bit about the microbiology group or the one about being a professional engineer... but the others spark my competitive side and I want to find a way to use them.

I'm off to work on finding out why Mike isn't entered in the current competition, perhaps he's mad about no longer being undefeated? It sure is great that he's a dear friend, but I have to say that I'm not thrilled that he's serenading Dusty. Dunno how Liv is going to feel about that...

No comments: