Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Good News for Me!

I got an email this morning... strangely, I missed it the first time I opened my inbox today which surprises me in retrospect because the title was hardly ambiguous:

Wax Romantic Short Story Acceptance


In the body of the email it said:

Wax Romantic has accepted your submission NOW THAT WE'VE FOUND YOU for publication in our November 2005 issue. Please forward your author bio ASAP...

I'm tickled pink! My goal this year was to get some short stuff published, to build up my writing resume and bolster my confidence. I started of the year with a bang, sending out tons of stuff (all rejected, but then I was aiming high: Womans World Magazine) and then slacked off for about six months. I realized in September that I'd better get a move on if I wanted something actually pubbed in 2005 and started writing more shorts and sending them out.

It's so nice to meet a goal.

I still have six or seven stories out there waiting for either acceptance or rejection, so this could get even better. I'll keep you posted.

Now, back to Liv and NaNo.

4 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

AWESOME!!!! congradulations!

I know what you mean about WW. I've sent off a dozen stories to WW with no luck. My last one, though, was there for nearly 5 months before I got my R. Oh well. One of these days.....

Only 500 words done so far today, but its my "long" day at work. When I get home I'll get more done

Take care
Eden

Charity Tahmaseb said...

Yay, you, again! What is it with those email subject lines? Is it all the spam? We've grown immune to any kind of hype? I nearly deleted a contest email because the subject line made it look like junk mail--almost.

MJFredrick said...

GREAT news!!

Marianne Arkins said...

Thanks all... it's very exciting. My hubby said "Woo Hoo! when's the first million dollar check showing up?"

Yes, that made me laugh hysterically... good thing I'm not in this for the money.