Friday, November 04, 2005

Ranting....

My mother shared with me that Mindy McReady was on Oprah yesterday. I was interested because I listen to country music and I really liked Mindy McReady back when she actually had a record contract (and was smart enough to be engaged to Dean Cain...but that's another story).

Anyhoo... I saw this article and was utterly horrified. In it, she says:

"Mindy McCready says she still loves the man charged with nearly beating her to death earlier this year..."

Another quote from the article says this:

"During the interview, McCready described the attack and recalled being choked and "gurgling on blood." She broke into tears several times. "That feeling of not being able to breathe is something I'll never forget," she said."

I'll just bet that's a forever kind of memory.

But then I read this:

"But McCready said she still loves McKnight and has been with him since the attack."

And this:

"She blamed the violence on drug use, and said she didn't think he would hit her again."

Uh, honey... he didn't "hit" you. He beat you, choked you to the point you gurgled on blood and nearly killed you. This is not a slap in the face. I have two words for you: Get. Out.

*sigh*

I don't understand. I don't.

I visited my Aunt Julia before I got married and she told me this little story (keeping in mind that her sister was involved in an abusive marriage): Before she married my Uncle Rudy, she told him that if he ever hit her, he'd better kill her, because if he didn't, he'd spend the rest of his assuredly short life sleeping with one eye open, waiting for her to exact her revenge.

I feel exactly the same way.

Mindy, honey, get help and then get out. Please.

No comments: