Saturday, September 03, 2005

Sick of it!


I'm so sick of my current WIP.

The characters aren't cooperating, scenes aren't working out right, and writing anything right now is like pulling watermelons through my nostrils.

So, I'm giving them a break for a few days. I'm pulling off some writing books from my shelf - maybe Donald Maas, maybe James Frey, maybe Robert Ray ... and I'm going to try to remember why I write. I'm going to do some exercises to prove that I still can write.

Then I'll go back to Camilla and Jed. My goal is to have this first draft done in a month. This is a very doable goal, if I could just write.

*sigh*

So, tell me. Do you ever get sick of what you're writing? Do you ever want to just chuck it out the window or into the shredder? If so, what do you do to get over it?

No comments: