Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Killing your baby

So.... for three days now, I've gotten nothing accomplished with Camilla. I've been told that my conflict isn't strong enough, and I've wracked my brain for new ideas on conflict. I think my biggest problem is that I'm married to the current story - whether it works or not. I like my h/h, I mean I really like them.

But it isn't working. So I really need to trash what I have and go back to the drawing board. Start from scratch instead of editing what's already there. Use some of my favorite scenes (the "birdwatching" scene, for instance and the time when Buffy steals Camilla's lingerie...), but ditch the rest.

I need to pretend that I'm brainstorming a whole new book. That doesn't thrill me, but I truly believe it's the only way to fix what's wrong. Time to kill this baby and birth a new one.

*sigh*

This writing stuff is work.

On a brighter note, my hubby and I have managed to put up with each other for nine years, today. Happy Annivesary baby...

I'm off to sharpen my sacrifical knife -- run, Camilla, run!

No comments: