Tuesday, August 02, 2005

HP6 - My Take FWIW



Finished reading HP6 last night... and I have mixed feelings about this book.

I think JK could have written this in several hundred fewer pages. For the first third of the book I had to force myself to keep reading, for the second third I was moderately interested and FINALLY by the last -oh- seven chapters, I was hooked.

I think what frustrated me most was that a good part of the book was taken up with Harry running around saying/thinking "What do I do? What do I do?" and doing nothing. It was dull.

Still, she's got a great hook for the next book and I'll honestly say that I can't wait until it comes out. Will I dress up like Professor McGonagall and wait outside my bookstore at midnight?

Uh, no.

I'll go into WalMart or Sams or the local grocery store or wherever I happen to be the next day and pick up a copy then.

I only have one thing to say: Ms. Rowling? Please, please, please refer to your copy of "Self-Editing For Fiction Writers" and "Write Tight" before your next book.

Thanks.

No comments: