Friday, August 05, 2005

Bleh...

I'm sending in a contest entry today... 10 pages that I sweated over with the help of some writing friends. Now I want to vomit .... bleh....

Next week they announce the winners of a contest that I finalled in. I think vomiting is in order again.... bleh...

I wonder if I will ever stop feeling nauseous when I send stuff in for other folks to read? I'm submitting a short romance to an online magazine this weekend as well... double bleh... I'll let you know if it's published.

Now it's time for Blatant Friend Promotion:

Charity is a guest blogger at Romancing the Blog. If you think she isn't excited, then check out her own blog where she announced the news.

Yo, Charity. You deserved this one! You're a gem.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the contest!

Marianne Arkins said...

Suzanne,

Thanks! Next year I want to be at the RWA conference as either:

1. A Golden Heart Finalist; or
2. A published novelist

But I still want to vomit. Bleh...

Anonymous said...

For your short romantic fiction? Have you seen this market. It's overseas, but you can email stories.

http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=18304

And thanks for the kind words!

Marianne Arkins said...

Charity,

Thanks for the Womans Day link - I shared with the two folks in TT who are from Australia. I'm assuming I can submit, too, and have asked them if they can transcribe a story or two so I can see what they're looking for.

Wonder if I have to spell it "colour" and "honour"? That'll take a bit of getting used to!