Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What, When, Where, Why, How with Christiane France

Welcome today, Chris Grover aka Christiane France!

What's you favorite ice-cream?

I'm only allowed to have one favorite? Well...how about rum raisin-vanilla-raspberry ripple-butterscotch-chocolate-cookies&cream-praline all on the same plate? I recently discovered Haagen Daz' raspberry and manogo sorbets and they are so indescribably delicious it's difficult for me to sneak past the freezer without dropping in for a spoonful--especially if you combine them with HD's triple chocolate which is the most sinful thing I have ever put in my mouth.

When did you have your first story or book published?

Early in 2000 --my full length romantic suspense WHERE'S MICHELLE was published under my real name of Chris Grover by a now defunct e-publisher and later republished by Amber Quill Press. I then published two more full length mystery-suspense books before I got the message that readers wanted more chili peppers for theirt reading pleasure, so I changed my name to Christiane France and began writing erotic romance. I started off with the regular boy meets girl stories, but then readers tastes changed again. Now I write mostly gay and m/m/f menage stories. But that's now, I have no idea what readers will want a year from now and they don't either, so that's why I constantly check the best seller lists to find out what's hot and what's not.

Where would you find a purple people eater?

In the land of purple people, busy cooking up a casserole of purple people filets with onions, artichokes and fennel for flavor, while he sharpens up his arrows and tightens the string on his bow so he can go out and find a few more to freeze for winter. We can't have a purple people eater without a reserve supply of purple people, or he'll start eating pink people, green people, yellow people, and, as this is a real scary thought, he even might take a fancy to striped or spotted people if he's desperate.

Why is the sky blue?

According to what I found on the Internet--"A clear cloudless day-time sky is blue because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light." I'm no scientist so in this case I have to believe what I read. But we all love a clear blue sky dotted with fluffy white clouds that look like little lambs, so however it happens, I'm just glad that it does.

How do you feel when someone has been dishonest with you?

I'm a Scorpio, I also tend to be a bit of a soft touch--always offering a helping hand, etc., etc., so I don't handle it well. I may stay on outwardly friendly terms with the person, but I'll never trust them again, I'll keep my distance and the warm fuzzies will be a thing of the past.

A multi-published author, Chris Grover writes romantic suspense and British-style mysteries under her own name--of which two have been nominated for awards, and she has also contributed paranormal/fantasy short stories to several anthologies.

Chris Grover also writes erotic romance under the name Christiane France. With one exception where a ghost was involved, all her erotic stories thus far have been straight contemporary. However, in the future, besides straight contemporary, there will be other tales of ghosts and the paranormal and stories in other sub-genres, such as time travel, ménage à trois, man-love, and maybe even an historical tale or two.

Chris was born in England where she first began her love affair with books, but she now lives in the Niagara region of Canada with her husband and their two Persian cats. Chris has traveled extensively—throughout the U.S. and also to France, Italy and Spain and often uses places she's visited as locations for her stories. As a devoted fan of mystery and romance, Chris likes to write what she most enjoys reading: stories with an international background, a police officer as a major character and sometimes a touch of intrigue or history as well.

You can read short excerpts from most of Chris' books at www.amberquill.com You can also visit her at http://www.myspace.com/185513895

2 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

Nice interview! Love the ice cream combo. :)

Judy said...

Do you suppose there's a purple people farm which breeds them for the supermarket...on those days when the purple people eater is just too tired to hunt? Or.. a McViolets? :-)