Friday, April 24, 2009

The Day After

“Your Birthday is a special day, one that's just for you, a time for doing everything, you have always wanted to do..." - Author Unknown

It was a good day, yesterday. Busy. Fun. Fattening.

Best part? Surprising DD with the ear piercing. We walked into the mall and stopped at the main area (where there just happened to be a Piercing Pagoda).

I said, "What do you want to do first?"

She shrugged.

"How about getting your ears pierced?"

Her eyes got WIDE and she asked if I was joking, and then asked if Daddy would mind.

She was terrified. But she was a trooper. And now she has holes in her ears.



We cruised the mall. We went to Toys R Us and got the Nerf bow she wanted.



We went to Olive Garden, where I pretty much told her she could have anything. We ordered an appetizer: calamari! She asked what it was when she saw the menu. I said, "Squid." At that point, she HAD to try it.

She liked it. Said it was chewy and a little bland.

We had soup, salad and breadsticks. Yum. And then black tie mousse cake for dessert. They sang, she blushed and blew out the candle.

It was good.

Today, she was up early and is gone fishing with her daddy as well as a couple other family members. I made a point of singing to her at 5:37 a.m. Good thing she was already up, or it could have been ugly! *G*

=======================




You Are a Dreamer



You are primarily concerned with possibilities. You tend to be a fanciful person.

All of the world's opportunities sometimes overwhelm you.



You are obsessed with ideas and tend to be a big thinker. Theories interest you greatly.

You crave intellectual stimulation. You are drawn to a philosophical way of life.



Mostly right. Judy hates it when I IM her and say, "I was thinking..." -- it makes her shake in her shoes. *G*

==========================

6 comments:

MJFredrick said...

Happy birthday to your DD!!! My mom always made my birthdays special, and I always loved it. :)

Dru said...

Happy Birtday DD!

I'm glad she had a very special day. I love calamari.

You Are a Doer

You are primarily concerned with what is actual. You tend to be a practical person.

You love to stay busy, and you are always immersed in projects.

You are in touch with your senses, and you enjoy indulging them. You're likely a crafter of some sort.

You crave different sensations in life, whether it's working with your hands, playing sports, or eating your favorite meal.
Very interesting..part true.

Have a good Friday.

Charity Tahmaseb said...

Sounds like a perfect day. Love Olive Garden. But do NOT show my kids that bow and arrow. Oy. They'll want one too.

Tori Lennox said...

Happy birthday to DD!!!

I'm also a Dreamer. Shocker. *g*

Brandy said...

Happy Birthday to DD!
I'm a Doer. And it fits. Well. *G*
I'm glad y'all had a good time yesterday. I hope you have a nice day!

Melissa McClone said...

Sounds like DD had a wonderful birthday! Good job, Marianne!