Friday, April 17, 2009

Great Deals for .99 Cents!

Thrift means that you should always have the best you can possibly afford, when the thing has any reference to your physical and mental health, to your growth in efficiency and power. ~Orison Swett Marden

Warning: Blatant promotion coming up below. I haven't done that in a while, cuz I haven't had anything to promote. So.. anyway...

How cool is THIS? The Wild Rose Press has ALL it's rosette length stories on sale for $0.99! This includes MY rosettes, if you're interested and haven't already bought them.



I was very impressed with Magic. Although not a long story, it had tremendous character development for seven characters. I loved the camaraderie between them, and would love to revisit this group. As for Ben and Cass, I do wish it had been a little longer, but only because I hated the story to be over. I am definitely looking into additional stories by this author. - Katherine, Joyfully Reviewed

*********************



Marianne Arkins has created a light-hearted, fun short story. Patrice’s dedication to hunt down snacks of all kinds will bring a smile to the reader’s face. The playful bantering back and forth between Patrice and Joey is delightful to watch. The realism of a comment or statement being misunderstood is a nice building block for this plot. Although this story was told in less than twenty pages, it is no less enjoyable. This reader was glad she decided to stay up those extra minutes to read it. Pregnancy Cravings is a well-written story that follows two innocent bystanders and one pregnant girl’s interesting food choices. 4 Angels! - Shayley, Fallen Angel Reviews

*********************



Miles From You is a touching, heartwarming story of love and hope. I loved it! I felt as if I was living in the age along with the characters, as if I could feel the tears Millie cried and hear Paul’s voice as he said good-bye. Ms. Arkins has given dimension to her characters, even in such a short story. I would have honestly loved it if this was longer, because I liked Millie and Paul so much that I wanted to know more about them. I am hoping for a sequel to this story, just to learn what happens next! Aside from making me care about the characters, Ms. Arkins has also given the reader a compact, yet engaging, story, complete with tons of details that made the images come alive. Miles From You is one of those great little stories that can be savored time and again. 5 Angels & Recommended Read! - Marlene, Fallen Angel Reviews

Marianne Arkins writes one of those books that should come with a box of Kleenex attached, or at least one of those pocket packs... Ms. Arkins has done a great job with this book of memories of a different time in our history. Even though I'm sure there are still people like Paul and Millie around, we don't hear about them much. I'm glad the author reminds us. This is a sweet read. But remember what I said about needing tissues handy!! - 5 Hearts - Dee, the Romance Studio

*********************



This charming short story is another winner for author Marianne Arkins. Marianne Arkins has a knack for creating everyday heroes who work their way into your heart after just a few pages. I’m looking forward to this author’s first full-length novel, as the only disappointment I feel after reading her short stories is that they aren’t nearly long enough! - The Long and the Short of It

===============================




Your Personality Cluster is Introverted Intuition



You are:



You are multilayered and complex. No one can quite understand you.

You are very inspired and driven to achieve your goals.

Whether you know it or not, you are a visionary with a complete life plan.

You are intuitive enough to understand difficult problems, ideas, and people.



Yep... okay... mostly.

=========================

3 comments:

Dru said...

Your Personality Cluster is Introverted Intuition

MomJane said...

Your Personality Cluster is Introverted Thinking

You are:

You are objective, honest, and credible.
Intellectually curious, you have many diverse interests.
You are more inclined toward ideas than people.
Fiercely independent, you are unapologetically unconventional.


This pretty much says it all.

Brandy said...

Your Personality Cluster is Introverted Intuition:
You are multilayered and complex. No one can quite understand you.
You are very inspired and driven to achieve your goals.
Whether you know it or not, you are a visionary with a complete life plan.
You are intuitive enough to understand difficult problems, ideas, and people.

Okay. I never thought I was complex. But, it seems harmless to be so. *G*

I still remember reading Miles From You. That story was truly touching.


I hope you have a lovely day!