Thursday, April 02, 2009

Ramblings from a Fuzzy Mind

Like everybody else, when I don't know what else to do, I seem to go in for catching colds. ~George Jean Nathan

I'm a little fuzzy headed this morning, so I hope I make sense (at least as much as I typically do). My DD shared her cold with me, and today is "stuffy nose" day which always makes my brain go on the fritz. My colds always follow the same pattern: sore throat (owie!!), stuffy nose, cough, and done. Thankfully, they also tend to get over quickly -- but I really hate being sick. I never seem to catch anything from anyone but my kidlet. Must be the proximity.

==========================

I didn't mention that LASR has Kerrelyn Sparks in the spotlight this week -- you can win an autographed book from her and she's awfully funny and sweet. You should check it out. We're also hosting a Comedy Month scavenger hunt. See the banner up top by the blog name? Click on it and you'll find out how to enter to win -- we're giving away a prize every day. I'm even doing one day! So, if you don't already have all of my books, you can enter to win your choice of one on my day.

=========================

The 15th of April will have been three months since I sent my query to Resplendence Publishing for "Return to Stiller Creek". I've not heard a peep, which is discouraging... they say all queries will receive a response in 12 weeks, so I should hear something by then. Still, I admit it's a bit discouraging...

==========================

First line of my "Kitchen Matches" sequel which still remains titleless (and that drives me wonky):

The call for help came at five ‘til noon.

I've only written a little bit, but it's fun. Sydney and Zach are uneasy friends because Sydney is Cori's best friend... but Syd and Zach have a secret past and have never dealt with it. They're going to have to now... they're driving from Montana to California together (along with Marsha, the baby goat).

It'll be fun. I hope.

==========================




You Color Your Life With Intense Warmth



You are a down to earth, stable person. You can be relied on.

You enjoy the outdoors. There's something about being in nature that makes you feel really blissful.



While you are responsible, you aren't boring. You have a lot of flair and style.

You enjoy creative projects of all sorts. You're a very visual person.



Okay... maybe... most of it's on, I think...

=======================

4 comments:

Dru said...

I love your first line for the "Kitchen Matches II".

Crossing fingers for "Return to Stiller Creek".

I hope you feel better soon.

You Color Your Life With Subtle Coolness

You are a full of grace and peace. You don't let yourself get worked up.

You tend to be a bit reserved. You only speak when you really have something to say.

You aspire to a lot in life, and you're quietly working on your plan to take over the world.

You are elegant and a bit of a snob. You can't help it... you like expensive things!

Maybe, but not really. The first two paragraphs I can see is me, not the last two well I do like expensive things but only if I can afford it.

Have a great Thursday.

Brandy said...

Aww, hope you feel better soon. I always get my kids colds.
I was Subtles Coolness as well.
Crossing fingers for your submission!

Fell better soon!

groovyoldlady said...

Ok..there's a baby goat in the story? I'm hooked!

All my stories contain goats. I figure if it works for Dick Francis and horses, it'll work for me and goats.

You Color Your Life With Vibrant Warmth

You are light hearted and have a sunny disposition. You live a life of gratitude.
You are open and adventurous. You're interested in young people and what's new in the world.

You don't carry any emotional baggage with you through life. What's done is done, and you've moved on.
You start every day fresh. You are optimistic about what's to come.

Gee...That's ME!

Melissa McClone said...

Hope you feel better and hear something on your submission soon!