Sunday, December 24, 2006

My Blog is Listing....

“We aren't in an information age, we are in an entertainment age.” - Anthony Robbins

Swiped from Mary, here are a few things that managed to keep me entertained this past year. Unlike her, I can't seem to put them in order of preference.

So... without further ado... in no particular order, I give you:

My favorite TV shows of 2006


* Criminal Minds - except for the first five minutes or so, which typically scares the heck out of me, the thing that sets this crime drama apart is a distinct lack of gore. We certainly see dead bodies in all their glory, but that's not the focus here. I think that this is one of the most suspenseful crime dramas around, it's more intellectual, less dependent upon forensics and, hey, it has geeky Dr. Reed. I have such a crush on him!

* NCIS - I started watching this because of my hubby. He was a JAG fan, though because he served in the navy, he loved to point out all the little things that were wrong. Mostly, though, they did good. When JAG went away, all that was left was NCIS, but that wasn't a bad thing. In fact, IMHO, NCIS has one of the best "clicking" casts around. The thing that makes me want to watch this show every week is their interactions -- I wish I could write this kind of cast into one of my books.

* Eureka - OMG what isn't fantastic about this show? Carter is the perfect fish out of water in a town where everyone, including the kids, have about genius IQ's and the place exists to create new and incredible inventions. In Eureka, anything is possible... and hysterically funny. Thanks to Tori for introducing me to this show. It is, quite possibly, my favorite show of 2006.

* The Closer - another crime drama with a great cast, a neurotic lead character and lots of brain food. I love a show that makes you think. This is one of those.

* Animal Cops, Animal Precinct and Animal Planet Heroes - These are essentially the same shows, the just take place in different cities. As a heavy-duty animal lover, I am alternately horrified and encouraged by these shows. It amazes me how unbelievably and intentionally cruel humans can be, but worse how unintentionally cruel as well ("Gee, you mean I have to feed the dog?"). This is the only show with a "due to the graphic nature of this show..." warning that I allow my DD to watch.

Would you believe that those are the only shows I watch regularly? What about you? What are you favorite TV addictions shows?

2 comments:

Allie Boniface said...

1. Prison Break
2. The Nine
3. Grey's Anatomy
4. Survivor (yes, I still watch it)
5. Cold Case

Anonymous said...

I watch those first three and a whole lot more, as you well know. *g*