Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Blah, Blah, Blah

A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the other one. - Baltasar Gracian

My brain is on vacation this morning... This is why it's taken me so long to blog.

I swiped this from Judy:

Check out Snowdays, make your own snowflake and help out the Salvation Army (Popular Front will donate $$ depending on how many snowflakes are created). And, while you're there... check out my snowflake. It's #3,208,628.

I did manage to do a bit of writing yesterday, so that's good. It's also good that I have an honest family writing critiquer (is that a word?): My Mom.

Yup, most everyone out there complains that their families are the "good job" pat on the back reader of their work. My mom (who is undoubtedly reading this right now) is brutally honest. And I appreciate it. Really (really, Mom).

She gave me some advice on what I wrote yesterday that I let simmer all night and has helped me come up with some ideas on how to make my heroine more interesting and lengthen the story -- which I wanted to do.

So -- Yay for Mom!

Hey, you romance writers out there -- Allie is looking for help in writing those, *ahem*, awkward sex scenes. Anyone with comments or advice, head on over and give it to her!

BTW, did I mention I'm giving away a gift certificate to the Wild Rose Press this month? Well... I am, so go check it out!

Anyone up to anything interesting?

EDITED TO ADD:

Paperback Writer has done it again -- she's giving away a copy of Holly Lisle's Talyn today! Go play.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Mornin', M. It's cold down here... 29 when I woke up this morning. Thank God for wood-burning stoves! I'm hoping to get "Past-due Love" printed up this week and sent off... keep your toes crossed.

Good luck on your writing... can't wait to read it.

jhcpbyg = Judy hopes Christmas presents bring you goodies.

Liz said...

I'll add my snowflake and please add me to the contest