Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Lumpy Mattresses and Cream Filled Donuts

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. ~ Mary Engelbreit

So... I finally had my Pay Pal echeck cleared at midnight last night (it took five days for my cash payment to be accepted... a pox on PayPal -- especially since the money actually came out of my account in a matter of a few hours) and read through the four Wild Rose Press stories I purchased. They were all very well written, which was a relief to know, and very cute.

And every single one of them ended with some sort of declaration of love - even the ones where the people didn't know each other very long.

Um... my latest submission to them doesn't end with a "happily ever after" it ends with a "hopefully ever after", a "maybe this is the guy I've been waiting for, but I can't be sure until I've known him a while longer" kind of ending.

I think that may be a problem. More of a problem is this: I already sent a synopsis, so can't really make any significant changes to the story.

Guess I've made my bed, lumpy and hard, and now I have to wait and see if I can sleep on it.

Bummer.

And because I can't possibly end on such a downer, and because I find myself suddenly wanting donuts after just over a month with NO SUGAR AT ALL, I bring you this:

You Are a Boston Creme Donut

You have a tough exterior. No one wants to mess with you. But on the inside, you're a total pushover and completely soft.

You're a traditionalist, and you don't change easily. You're likely to eat the same doughnut every morning, and pout if it's sold out.


Honestly, it's a little creepy when they can nail my personality so closely with just a few questions, because every single last word of this is right on.

Geez.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our twin-ness is showing again! I got the same thing. :)

wyygc - wicked young yahoos go courting