Saturday, December 23, 2006

Blathering

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. ~ Burton Hillis

We're hosting the hordes for Christmas this year. My in-laws will be descending upon our household midday on the 25th for fun, festivities and food. I'm glad to do it, because I hate having to travel, but I have to say: I miss my family. My husband's family all live right here in good old NH. I find this to be true of a lot of people in New England. They tend to grow where they're planted. My family? All over the freakin' place: California, Oregon, New Mexico, Kansas, Maryland and here, of course. Makes it tough to get us all together.

Do you find that you miss family even more during the Christmas season?

I think I'll require all of my in-laws to call my this when they come visit:

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Most Noble Lady Marianne the Surprised of Much Madness upon Avon
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title


In any case, since I expect that many of you aren't going to be around much, I'm going to have fun with meme's.

Ten Top Trivia Tips about Marianne!

  1. Marianne can squeeze her entire body through a hole the size of her beak.
  2. A bride should wear something old, something new, something borrowed, and Marianne!
  3. According to the story, Pinocchio was made of Marianne.
  4. Peanuts and Marianne are beans.
  5. Oranges, lemons, watermelons, pineapples and Marianne are all berries.
  6. Europe is the only continent that lacks Marianne.
  7. You share your birthday with Marianne.
  8. Research indicates that Marianne will be attracted to people who have recently eaten bananas.
  9. Fifty-two percent of Americans drink Marianne.
  10. Medieval knights put the skin of Marianne on their sword handles to improve the grip!
I am interested in - do tell me about


My horoscope on Humorscope:

Capricorn (December 22 - January 20)

Your children will return, but they'll be unnaturally quiet and good-natured. Eventually, you'll discover how the switch was made.
And my Yahoo horoscope:

Quickie:
In the mood for an overhaul? Hit the mall with one of your fashion-forward friends.

Overview:
There's nothing more contagious than enthusiasm. Your interest in an off-the-beaten-path topic has a surprising way of bringing the people in your life closer to you, especially when they see how much you enjoy this subject.
Are they out of their minds? HIT THE MALL???? On the last Saturday before Christmas? Puh-leez.

I'm okay with the second part...

See you tomorrow. Or maybe not. If not Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Thanks for the fun memes... I'm stealing them (you knew that, right?) Oh... and Bekah just introduced me to a brand new game... I'll send you the link ;-)

Have a Merry Christmas, if I don't "see" you before then!

anno said...

You're hosting the hoardes, and you're still posting?!? Thanks for the memes -- and Merry Christmas!
Respectfully yours,
The Entirely Miss Reverend Lady Anno the Indefensible of Porton Down

Anonymous said...

Now, we live near where my parents grew up, but when I was growing up we moved so much I later told people we were gypsies. And we weren't a military family. :)

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi! Hope you had a nice Christmas. I just came from Judy's blog. Hope you don't mind if I try out the fun games/memes on my own blog.

Wishing you a great New Year ahead.

Rach