Sunday, January 22, 2006

What's in a Name?

I ran my real and my pen names (which are remarkably similar) through the Kabalarian website just to see what came up, and now I need to tell the folks that they apparently named me incorrectly, and I did a much better job of naming myself.

Take a look.

Real name analysis says:

You desire a home and family of your own and have the ability to create understanding and harmony in family association as you are pliable, forgiving, and tactful.

Though the first part is true, I may be the least "pliable, forgiving and tactful" person you'll meet.

You love children and would not hesitate to care for any children who might need you.

Again, only partly true. In general concept, I do love children, and if it was a choice between me taking the child or it being dropped in a dumpster, I'd take it in a hot second. BUT, I don't like being around children particularly. I can deal with my DD because she IS my DD, but get me around more, and I'm decidedly unhappy and uncomfortable.

Whenever possible, you avoid argument and turmoil because you prefer not to face an issue if it means hurting anyone's feelings.

ROFLOL... Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha..... excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor. Me? Avoid arguing with anyone? Puh-leez...

Now for my pen name analysis:

Your first name of Marianne has made you happiest when you are expressing in some creative, artistic way, and not conforming to strict routine.

True.

In a large group of comparative strangers, you are quiet and rather shy, unable to express yourself, not really wanting to become involved in conversation.

Also true. I hate large groups of people and am painfully shy on the inside (I hide it well, really I do, but inside I wither up and die).

On the other hand, among friends with whom you feel at ease, you are expressive, witty, and quite charming.

**preens**

These contrasting natures make it difficult for people to understand you and can lead to friction in your personal life.

**lies back on couch, hand on forehead** "But, Doctor, no one truly understands me." Actually, joking aside, again pretty true.

You are deep, philosophical, and refined, but your extremely sensitive nature causes you to become depressed and self-pitying over any real or imagined slight.

Very true. Well, maybe not the "refined" part.

So there you have it, proof positive that children should be allowed to name themselves.

No comments: