Monday, January 02, 2006

On Clean Desks and Cluttered Minds

My husband is a neat freak. For those of you who know him, you will understand that this is an understatement of epic proportions.

Still, he's rubbing off on me a bit, and I've been trying to straighten up -- especially my office which tends to get overlooked since I don't have a bunch of foot traffic going through it like I do the upstairs.

Yesterday, I was looking for a book. A book I used to keep on top of my desk next to the printer. A few weeks ago I cleaned off the top of my desk. It's just lovely now, with the printer, a kleenex box, a tiny CD player and a picture my daughter drew for me. However, I have absolutely no freakin' idea where I put that book.

See what happens when you clean? Up until then, I knew exactly where it was.

I was blog hopping a bit yesterday, and discovered this entry on Jenny Crusie's blog. Take a gander at her office.

If she can create her masterpieces in that chaos, well then I should be able to do half as well in twice as much. Right?

BTW, speaking of Jenny, she and her new co-author, Bob, now have a joint blog. Whenever you're looking for a giggle, you can check it out (along with her personal blog, referenced above).

No comments: