Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Pleasant Surprise

I just discovered a new review for an old story.

Fallen Angels Reviews posted a review for "Don't Fence Me In" and gave it five angels! I know you shouldn't love any of your babies more than the others, but this story (along with "Now That We've Found You") is my fave. And, I had more than one person email and tell me it made them cry. In a good way :-)

Here's what reviewer, Kimber had to say (in part):

Marianne Arkins does a superb job of weaving historical references into a well crafted plot. Lizzie is eighteen and as sweet and silly as an eighteen year old should be. Although not much older, the dour Jeremy has been prematurely aged by horrors of war. These two lonely souls are destined for each other. The deceased brother Seb gives them a little push. Don't Fence Me In was as sweet as the cherry cokes Lizzie sips on.

It's always a nice surprise when an older story gets a little new recognition. And just for grins, and in case you hadn't seen it, you should take a look at Allie Boniface's birthday present to me last January -- a trailer for the story.

No comments: