Monday, October 30, 2006

Yes, I'm Ready....

An intense anticipation itself transforms possibility into reality; our desires being often but precursors of the things which we are capable of performing. - Samuel Smiles

One more day until NaNo. Even though I have no idea how my novel starts, I'm really excited! Woo! The short story that this is loosely based upon starts with the heroine in bed, but "the rules" say you should never start a novel that way... we'll see.

Oh... I did do some work on the NaNo novel though. I finished my character profiles on the H/H and made up a collage (which will probably change as I get to know the story better, but works for now):



The dog is Sheba... and she's the one who gets the ball rolling. The red-head is the heroine's daughter and the older man is the ex-husband. The man feeding the chickens is the hero's roommate (and, yes, there are chickens in the story -- because it was a NaNo dare and I didn't have any weird pets yet).

So: "Are you ready?", "Yes, I'm ready" .... do you have the song in your head now? And if you do, can you name that tune and the people who sang it?

To NaNoWriMo: Yes. I'm ready.

==================================

Hey -- thanks for all the suggestions for books yesterday. Many she's already read: the Little House books, Anne of Green Gables, the Chronicles of Narnia ... but I'm looking for the Edward Eager books, Trixie Belden (would you believe my library has NONE?), Encyclopedia Brown and the Great Brain books. I actually own the Bonnie books and don't know why I didn't think of them, so will dig them out. That should hold her for a week or two.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

say you should never start a novel that way

Rules are meant to be broken. ;)

Another series I just thought of is the Three Investigators. It's about three boys who solve mysteries (duh!). Their ages are never specifically mentioned, but none of them are old enough to drive, so... :)

Ceri Hebert said...

Okay, so I'm ready to write... I've just got too many time consuming things to do this week.

I like your collage. I don't know how to make those. I'm still looking for some of my models, though the main ones are picked out.

I'm actually very excited about Wednesday!

vkeihb-videos keep exciting items here before (yah, baaad, but I'm tired)

Allie Boniface said...

Good luck...you must be excited to get started! You have dogs in almost all of your stories, don't you? Interesting - ever think about why that is? Or is it a deliberate choice?