Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Why I'm So Unproductive

The future is an opaque mirror. Anyone who tries to look into it sees nothing but the dim outlines of an old and worried face. ~ Jim Bishop

Lately, I haven't been able to write much of anything. I'm struggling with my edits. I have a short story that I wanted to submit before NaNo began and it has problems (one very honest friend called it "boring" and... well... it is). It's been frustrating.

But at least now I have a reason. Check out my horoscopes:

From Yahoo horoscopes:

The frenetic pace of your life is definitely going to slow down starting today.

Precision, precision, precision. Use your words and efforts just as cleanly as a surgeon uses a scalpel -- you don't want any of your work to go to waste. Cleaning up would just be squandering your energy.


Maybe if life slows down a bit (and, actually, it's true -- today is "craft day" for my daughter at gram's house, so I have virtually nothing planned after we "do" school today) I can accomplish something. It looks like that "something" should be edits (what else could "Use your words and efforts just as cleanly as a surgeon uses a scalpel" mean?).

Then there's AOL horoscopes:

You are in a more than practical phase, and that says a lot for someone who can normally be so production oriented. Be open to pleasant experiences that might not further your development. Just take them for what they are and smile while your key planet Saturn receives a kiss from sweet Venus.

See... my production is down. They're right on about that. But... be open to "pleasant experiences"? I'm always open to those, but the pleasant-est thing that's happened lately is watching the A-Team on a daily basis (and that is pleasant... it always makes me smile).

Incidentally, thanks to the folks who come by and visit and comment. I love to hear from you!

No comments: