Thursday, September 07, 2006

Sleep, Blessed Sleep

If people were meant to pop out of bed, we'd all sleep in toasters. ~Author unknown, attributed to Jim Davis

I'm a morning person, always have been. But lately, I've been dopey pretty much all day long, so I figured I wasn't getting enough sleep.

This morning I woke up, as usual, at about 4:30 a.m. (yes, without an alarm clock -- is that weird?) and decided I was going to sleep some more. However, at that point I'm awake enough that I need to get away from anything that will distract me at all: snoring husbands, snoring dogs, and bathing cats.

I went downstairs, curled up on the couch, wondered if I'd be able to get back to sleep and then crashed (yahoo!) for a whole 'nother hour. Yay for me. That said, I really won't have any writing time this morning, at least not on the computer. But I'm feeling better than I have in weeks - just because I got one more hours sleep.

Not writing this morning is okay. I have a niggling little idea for NaNo that I want to pick at and "what if" to death to see if it can go anywhere and I can do that in longhand.

But, hey, I feel good (you know that I should, now)....

3 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

Its amazing what one extra hour of sleep can do. I can't get up any earlier than 5am and still function (went the whole day yesterday without coffee.. not a pretty sight. Good thing I'm in solitary at work). Sometimes ya just have to sacrafice some writing time. I've been sacraficing too much lately. :(

hdlyh-hardly day light yet hungry

Anonymous said...

Feeling good is half the battle, I think.

Love the quote!

Ceri Hebert said...

oh, and about that cleaning thing? My DH would disagree with you LOL

But I agree. What can be more important than writing (besides our children)?

ybqhittq-yaks breath quite heavily in taking turns quilting