Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Welcome Guest: Susanne Marie Knight

Give a warm welcome to Susanne Marie Knight -- and please leave her a comment ... I'd hate to have her feel lonely!

Tell me five things I probably don’t know about you and that most folks wouldn’t guess.

1. I’m a hoarder. Or, to use a more positive word--a collector. I’m a collector of things that interest me. Things like books, computers, perfumes, etc. A collector of money? No, not so much. If money is plentiful, I like to disperse the cash so that my loved ones can enjoy it too!

2. Sometimes I tilt at windmills. I’ll get on my hobbyhorse and go to battle to correct an injustice. Eyes flashing, sword held high, I’ll dash into the thick of the fight determined to win. Maybe that’s foolhardy, but I’m persistent... and stubborn. I won’t take no for an answer!

3. If I had to do it all over again, I’d work in a library. Yep, I love books (see #1a) Either that, or practice law (see #2). Since writing is my life, I should make one of my characters a librarian. (Note to self--jot that idea down for a future novel!) As for attorneys, I’ve lived vicariously in that profession through a few of my male leads. I’ve learned some things too! Perhaps I’ll learn even more if I have one of my heroines practice law.

4. Drama adds color to my world. No, I don’t see myself as a Drama Queen, but sometimes my life does turn into a hotbed of activity. Ongoing events sweep me away in a jumble of emotions, which then makes it difficult disconnect and sit down at the computer to write. But drama is the fuel for creativity, so I draw upon these experiences in my writing in the hopes that others can share in the joys... and the sorrows.

5. I love to create... yes, that’s not a shocker, is it?! But, in addition to my novels, I do enjoy creating book covers. Some covers on my books are my design, others have served as inspiration for the publisher’s cover artist. Before I even get started writing, I design a cover that serves as a visual reminder of the burgeoning story that I’m about to tell. Talk about the horse before the cart... I *really* rely on my rendition of the cover, even if the publisher eventually chooses another to represent my novel.

Fill In the Blank(s):

So far today I’ve __________ a __________ and I’ve ___________.


So far today I’ve confronted a bully and I’ve lived to tell about it.

Write me a paragraph using the following three words: Elegant, Bus, Space

I need my space. It’s one of those things that is innate to my character. I hate traveling in crowded elevators, waiting in lines at movie premiers, and going through airport security during the holiday season. Needless to say, my daily commute on the rush-hour bus always throws me into a high anxiety mode. All those people sandwiched next to me, touching me, breathing on me. Yuck. But now I’ve found relief. I’ve found an elegant solution to my phobia. What is it, you ask? It’s a Personal Space Protector, invented by a gal from Brazil. A circle of steel around the waist with spokes to another circle about sixteen inches out protects you from unwanted contact. I kid you not--when I wear this protector on the bus, people move around me like I was Moses parting the sea. Thank heavens for human ingenuity!

The above paragraph does not necessarily reflect the views of this author!

Award-winning author and seven-time EPIC Award Finalist Susanne Marie Knight specializes in Romance Writing with a Twist! She currently has sold 26 books including the Dream Realm speculative fiction winner THE COMING. Originally from New York, Susanne lives in the Pacific Northwest, by way of Okinawa, Montana, Alabama, and Florida. Along with her husband, daughter, and the spirit of her feisty Siamese cat, she enjoys the area’s beautiful ponderosa pine trees and wide, open spaces--a perfect environment for writing. For more information about Susanne, please visit her website at www.susanneknight.com and her blog http://www.RomanceWritingWithATwistWorld.blogspot.com

Coming mid-March at Uncial Press,
www.uncialpress.com , Susanne’s new paranormal short story, “Family Secrets.” Here’s a blurb--

Talia Fanetti longs for true love. She’s just gotten engaged to eligible bachelor Edmund Bartholomew, so she’s all set in the love department.

Or is she?

On a romantic getaway in the country, she learns her future in-laws live in a house awash with secrets. Talia soon makes a startling discovery: she has a secret as well. When Grandmother Bartholomew offers Talia a chance to find out who her true love is, will Talia have the courage to use the magic spell?

4 comments:

groovyoldlady said...

Dear Susanne,

I really think we should "do" lunch sometime. I could show you my blue phrog collection and then be all dramatic for you so you have writing fodder.

Great interview! I like your way of looking at things and I SO want a Personal Space Protector!!

Susanne Marie Knight said...

Dear Groovy!

I'd love to see your blue phrog collection. :)) Lunch it is, my side of the world or yours?!

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your dramatic flair.

AND a great big thank you to Marianne for this interview!

Susanne

Hazellie said...

Wow!! You're doing really well with your writing! Congratulations! I'm envious! I want to be a writer *someday* too, if that day will ever come! LOL!

Susanne Marie Knight said...

Thank you for stopping by, Betty! It's good to hear from you. I hope you nurture yourself so that you can set aside the time you need to write. :))

Happy writing!

Susanne