Saturday, May 15, 2010

Goofy Dog

The dog wags his tail, not for you, but for your bread. ~Portuguese Proverb

DH and I watched "Blind Side" last night -- and I was blown away. What a great movie! We both thoroughly enjoyed it. It was funny, sad, frightening, sweet, touching... it both broke my heart and inspired me. Fantastic.

If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it.

========================

I've come to the conclusion I have the goofiest dog ever. Anyone else have a dog who eats broccoli stumps? Raw?



I did, however, learn my lesson. Broccoli apparently ... um... loosens her up. So, we won't be doing that again.

=========================

Going to move the rest of the crushed rock today. I just couldn't face it again yesterday, so I edged some more of my gardens. I'm about half done with that -- but soon I get to put in my veggies! I haven't been able to use my cute little milk jugs because it's been REALLY windy, darn it.

The squash I started from seed already has blossoms on it!

I've also bought some butternut squash for Dakota's food (I have too many plants -- anyone in NH need 3 butternut squash plants?), 18 tomato plants, and need a few cucumbers. Can't WAIT.

=========================




You Are Bridge



You are a thoughtful and conscientious person. In fact, you're a bit of a brainiac.

You get a real thrill from mastering difficult tasks. You get bored if you aren't being challenged.

You are competitive, but you aren't a sore loser. You take a rational approach to competition.

You work hard, and you're persistent. You don't expect to be a natural at anything.



It's always a little weird when these things are super close to 100% correct...

========================

5 comments:

Goddess Fish Promotions said...

Mama's cat used to like strawberries... well, probably still does in kitty-heaven.

Maria Zannini said...

Ref:
I've come to the conclusion I have the goofiest dog ever.

Yup. You win.

Dru said...

She is enjoying it.

re quiz: I'm Bridge - mostly accurate.

Have a good Saturday.

Brandy said...

Dakota is truly cute and hilarious! *G*
We watched The Blind Side this week as well. I LOVED it. I swear I had tears in my eyes through most of the movie. But, when he calls her from the laundromat and says "Mama"? Yeah, lots of tears.

I am Go Fish: You Are Go Fish
You are playful and fun loving. You always like some friendly competition!
You have good people skills, and you try to play fair. You remember that a game is just a game.
You love to be surprised, and you like to think that luck is on your side.
You are whimsical and carefree. You have no problem asserting yourself, but you are never overly aggressive.

Okay, not quite right. I don't like surprises and I have a hard time asserting myself. So.... hmm.

I hope you have a fantastic Saturday!

Tori Lennox said...

Dakota's such a funny girl! :)