Monday, May 17, 2010

Hooray for Routine!

I love the routine. I love the structure of it...I know my life is kind of orderly. I just like that better. - Andrea Martin

I'm so glad it's Monday! This last week has been crazy -- DH was off work and it really messes with my routine with DD. We got even farther behind on school (DH thinks everyone should be on vacation when he is, so schedules jobs for us -- like moving rock) and I just felt unsettled.

At this rate, DD will be doing school into July.

===============

I think I'm going to put my garden in this week. It's looking as though the weather will be mild enough, plus I'll use my greenhouses over my tenderer plants ... I'll just make sure I bury them down enough they won't blow away, or put the tomato cages around them.

I'm also going to lay down compostable weed block to save me work later. It's newspaper (about 2 - 3 pages thick) covered with straw. As the garden plants get bigger, it's terrifically hard to weed between them (not to mention time-consuming), so I'm hoping this will help a lot. We'll see.

I have 18 tomato plants currently (Big Boy, Roma, and "rainbow" heritage with yellow, orange and black fruit), but might get one more 6 pack. I have two kinds of squash (summer and winter), cucumbers (but not enough, so I have to go on the hunt -- I prefer "burpless" because they have fewer seeds), broccoli and cabbage. I'll plant from seed: green beans (LOTS of these since we eat them AND I use them for the dog's food), carrots, spinach and chard.

I think I need a bigger garden.

======================




You Are a Crocodile



You are fierce and strong. You go after any prey that is in your sights.

You have a take charge personality, and you are quite dominant. You are not easily intimidated.

It's likely that you've had to struggle for survival in your life. You've had to develop a very thick skin.

You can be brutal, but you can also be tender. You tend to have two sides to your personality.



Mostly right...

========

4 comments:

MomJane said...

You Are a Kangaroo
You are resourceful, determined, and energetic. You believe that where there's a will, there's a way.
You tend to live a very balanced life. You have time for both work and play.

You are always moving ahead in your life. You are more concerned with the future than the past.
You are a long term thinker. You find huge projects to be very rewarding.

Partly right. I don't know how they do this.

Dru said...

re quiz: I'm a kanagroo too and it's mostly correct.

Your garden sounds so wonderful. May it be filled with plenty of vegetables.

Have a good Monday.

Brandy said...

Your garden is certainly going to be bigger than ours! Best wishes. The compost-able weed block sounds cool!

I hear you on your DH taking vacation and driving you bananas. Mine is on vacation this week. *G*

Have a great day!

Oh, and I received: You Are a Crocodile.

Tori Lennox said...

We have tomatoes, bell peppers, lettuce, and I think, cucumbers.