Friday, December 04, 2009

Art Show

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. ~Pablo Picasso

Well... the art show wasn't quite what I expected. Each class could only put up two things per student, so I didn't get to see all of what DD has been working on. They had some great stuff up, though, and I really would like her to get into the drawing class. I think she'd benefit from it a lot. She wants to go into the clay class, though. We'll see.

In any case, here are some pictures of the few things of hers we did get to see (we went into the kiln room and nabbed her clay bowl, so that was an added bennie):

You can't see the design, but DD put paw prints and a drawing of Dakota in the center of the bowl, which is why it's colored as it is (ETA: actually, if you click on the picture to make it bigger you CAN see the design -- I just checked).



This was a study on painting reflections -- I don't remember which artist they were studying (I wasn't in class, so had to rely on DD to tell me):



This was done after a study of Andy Warhol:

The idea behind the homeschooling art class was to work in various mediums and learn about different "masters". We might end up taking the homeschool class one more time, mostly because it's a such a convenient time. The teacher said they'll do different artists and different projects. We'll see... next classes don't start until end of January.

==========================




You Are a Drawing



You appreciate things that are simple and elegant.

You believe that complexity is mostly used to mask flaws.



You believe that art is about leaving more to the imagination.

The best art isn't overly showy or flashy. It subtly beautiful.




Yeah... that's mostly right.

========================

7 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

She's very good! I hope you keep encouraging her.

Ref: clay

Working in clay is addictive. It really makes you feel as if you're part of the work.

Dru said...

DD is a great artiste. I like how she is sampling so many aspects of art and creativity. I love the bowl.

re quiz: I'm also a drawing and it's pretty accurate.

Have a good Friday.

Charity Tahmaseb said...

Great work! I clicked through and yep, there was Dakota!

It's funny. At Andrew's school, they offer a specialized art elective for ninth grade. I thought for sure he'd want to take cartoon/comic drawing, but after his last art class, he wants to do clay.

His clay mask earned him 100%. I haven't seen it yet, since it's hanging in the school office (!).

Melissa McClone said...

Very cool. Tell her great work! Sounds like a class she should stick with, IMHO!

Have a great Friday.

Tori Lennox said...

DD's bowl is great!!!

Brandy said...

The bowl is awesome! I wish our area had such wonderful art classes. I am a drawing as well.
Have an enjoyable day!

Ceri Hebert said...

I love her Andy Warhol inspired piece. Fantastic colors! Good for her! Art was always one of my favorite subjects in school.