Monday, September 14, 2009

Darling Dog Details

If you can look at a dog and not feel vicarious excitement and affection, you must be a cat. ~Author Unknown

The more one gets to know of men, the more one values dogs. ~Alphonse Toussenel




Looks like we're going to have TWO princess's riding around in The Pea. Because the thing has leather seats (I HATE leather seats... just saying. They're high maintenance, blech.) and since we take Dakota almost everywhere with us when we're out and about, and we don't want doggy claws ruining the seats, we're getting princess #2 a doggy hammock. It's kind of cool, really. Here's a picture from Oh My Dog Supplies:



What I find most amusing is the pocket for a water bottle. Really? LOL...

I swear, they have everything for pets nowadays. About the time I figure I spoil mine rotten, I see something that makes it clear many other pets are FAR more spoiled than mine. The only other two "frivolous" things I might end up getting Dakota this year are a blaze orange vest for hunting season (she jumps JUST like a deer and even has a little white butt when her tail moves ...) and a doggy snowsuit -- like this one from Baxter Boo.



Unlike my last dog, Bailey, Dakota has NO undercoat. This is awesome when it comes to shedding (she doesn't shed much at all!), but not so awesome when she plays in the snow. She freezes her can off... shivers, cries. Once she was so cold she wouldn't even move to come in and I had to fetch her and carry her in to lay by the fireplace. But she LOVES the snow. Hence the snowsuit. We'll see... I'm frugal by nature, so it seems silly. OTOH, I really think it would be useful. Our local Petsmart carried them last year, so I'm hoping they will again.

In other doggy news, I finally heard from the lady who runs the 4H club for dog agility. YAY! They don't start up again until January, but there is room for us and we're welcome to join. The only down side is that they meet on the same night as we have our current agility class. Figures.

Still, I think 4H would be a huge benefit to DD, so what I think I'll do is see if we can go to every other class at our current agility place (and then just pay every other time). The instructor there is really good about working around our needs.

And, with the 4H club, they do agility exhibitions and competitions at a lot of the local fairs and stuff, so it would be a lot of fun for DD.

Busy times ahead for us!

==============================

6 comments:

Dru said...

I love the dog hammock and snowcoat. Too cute for words. The other day I saw a lady with a beautiful stroller and when I look inside, her little dog was sitting there waiting for her bottle.

I'm glad you heard from the 4H club. What is the difference between the 4H agility class and the one you currently go to?

Have a great Monday.

Diane Craver said...

Adorable pictures!

Tori Lennox said...

I'm trying to figure out how they take care of business in that snowsuit.... *g*

Anonymous said...

I've see those hammocks for cars. I have leather seats in my car but always have the backseats down so the dogs have the whole area so haven't had to worry about nails (leather is pretty sturdy lol, my ex did damage to the leather couchs while the dogs and cats didnt lol)

Cute snowsuit, might make pottying a bit hard lol. But I've seen others that dont cover quite as much. Let us know how that works out!

Brandy said...

I have to say the snowsuit made me giggle, then wonder how Dd was going to "take care of business" wearing it. The doggie hammock is fun looking, the water bottle is just hilarious.
We bought one of those cage things that separate the back and the animals from the seats (bought when we moved from MS to CA), but it never worked right.
Good news on the 4H Agility Club! I hope it works out well for y'all.
I also hope you're having a great day!

Jen said...

Way too cute! And you're so right about all the stuff for dogs! We have a boutique animal shop here called Dogma and Catmantoo... yeah. And you can probably guess the stock.