Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday Quickie!

And on the eighth day God said, "Okay, Murphy, you're in charge!" ~Author Unknown

A quickie, cuz... I have a guest blogger :-)

Amy asked if Dd = Dear dog or Damn dog. It depends on the hour... *G*

We lost three more pillars in Pillar Place yesterday. I've never had this kind of mortality rate before. Of course, I've never had 20+ pillars before. It's only the little bitty ones, and it makes me wonder if this kind of thing happens when they're outdoors, too. Could be, right? Survival of the fittest? After all, bugs lay 100's of eggs... if they all survived, we'd be overrun!

Still... it's rather sad.

=======================

What I'm reading: Almost done with "The Hollow" by Nora Roberts. I really like it!! Now, ugh, the wait for the final book at which time, I'll have to reread the first two first.

What I'm writing: Nothing... my time is being spent judging all the short story entries for our LASR contest. I have plans to work on editing "Stiller Creek" by this weekend though.

=========================

No quiz today. Sorry :-(

4 comments:

Allie Boniface said...

Yes, it's survival of the fittest...part of nature even if we try to bring them inside and nurture them ourselves. I'm sure your hale and hearty ones will do just fine!

Sarita Leone said...

I loved "The Hollow" but now I can't wait to read the last book in the trilogy! I want to see how it all turns out. :)

Love it that most of your pillars are doing well. And the vole photos were wonderful!

And your poppies! Gorgeous!!

Brandy said...

Sorry to hear about more pillars. Nature does have ways of seperating the strong and the weak.

Hope you're having a fabulous day.

Anonymous said...

LOL on the dog's name ;)

I hope the Pillars stop dying. I'm sure it's just a statistical thing based on the number you have--a certain percentage aren't going to survive.