Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tail Wags

Happiness is excitement that has found a settling down place. But there is always a little corner that keeps flapping around. ~E.L. Konigsburg

When Dakota wags her tail in her sleep, what do you suppose she's dreaming about? Is she dreaming that her friend is coming up the street to play? That Daddy is home? That she has a chipmunk treed?

She's the most expressive dog I've ever seen, and her sleep is no different. She usually sleeps on her back and she dreams all the time: growling, barking, twitching. But my fave thing is her tail wags.

The website launch went well yesterday! Only a few broken links (thanks, Dru, for your email!!!) and one glitch -- the inability to return to the shared front door once you're on one site or the other (we're working on that).

I can't tell you how relieved I was. Phew.

=======================

I set a live trap for my vole last night. I just couldn't kill the bugger. The lady at Agway gave me a bit of a hard time about it, but ... I kept imagining him dying a long, painful and lingering death from poison, or finding his little corpse squished in a trap.

This morning... no vole and the trap is unsprung. If I don't catch him soon, DH is going to put his foot down and get poison himself.

C'mon little vole... climb into the nice trap.

========================

I'm trying to catch up on my backlog of blog posts. Holy cow, I opened up Google reader and I'm in triple digits!!! I visited a few folks last night, and I'm working on getting to you all one at a time... I've missed you!!

=========================

DD is supposed to start recorder lessons today. They're being taught by a woman from a small, local homeschooling group. I just am not at all sure I'm going to be able to find where I'm supposed to go. I have a serious problem with my internal GPS -- zero sense of direction. It's a sad, sad thing and honestly often keeps me from taking trips to places I'd like to go to because I'm not altogether sure you wouldn't find my dried up bones years later, and miles from where I was supposed to be.

Wish me luck!

==========================














BLUE

You give your love and friendship unconditionally. You enjoy long, thoughtful conversations rich in philosophy and spirituality. You are very loyal and intuitive.


Find out your color at QuizMeme.com!

11 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

Google Reader? What is that? Good luck with all those blogs. Sounds like a full day.

We have an actual GPS and we were trying to get from Manchester to Hancock last week. It decided to send us there via Concord. Um, no. So we were in your neck of the woods trying to get back to familiar territory. I said hi to you. Did you hear me? :)

groovyoldlady said...

I play soprano and alto recorders. I LOVE the alto - such a rich tone.

Sarita Leone said...

The website looks super! Wonderful job! I keep going to look and smile. :)

What an interesting instrument to choose to play. I hope it goes well. Sounds like fun!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Jen said...

Recorders are such a lovely instrument. I hope DD enjoys her lessons!

Judy said...

I played a recorder when I was young and so did my kids (a little). DD will really enjoy it. Have you tried Google Maps? We've found them reliable. And, they have the nice feature of (if you don't like the route they are taking you or want to go someplace specific first) you can drag the route line around.

Dru said...

I'm glad the relaunch went well. One of my jobs is to check links prior to a relaunch or redesign.

I played the recorder when I was younger as well. That led me to the flute and then the clarinet.

VIOLET

You surround yourself with art and music and are constantly driven to express yourself.

You often daydream.

You prefer honesty in your relationships and believe strongly in your personal morals.



Have a good Tuesday and good luck in finding the place.

Anonymous said...

GREEN
You are a very calm and contemplative person. Others are drawn to your peaceful, nurturing nature.


LOL! Yeah, maybe when I'm asleep. *g*

MJFredrick said...

The website looks great!

I just figured out Google reader - I'm in triple digits, too.

I taught my kids recorder the last 2 weeks of school - found some cheap ones at the dollar store. The kids enjoyed it and we ended up playing three songs in the talent show.

Diane Craver said...

love the new site and recorder lessons sounds neat!

Brandy said...

The new site looked great! All that hard work paid off! *G*

Hope your DD enjoys her recorder lesson!

Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, have fun with recorder lessons!

LOL on Dakota tail-wagging in sleep. Too funny.

Take your time getting caught up.

Now get some rest and RELAX!