Saturday, December 08, 2007

Who's Training Whom?

Learn as much as you can while you are young, since life becomes too busy later. ~ Dana Stewart Scott

Dakota is lying, asleep on the floor, on top of my jacket. She got into the habit when I came in from the snow one day and left the damp jacket on the floor to dry. Now, when I'm working on the computer, she'll paw at where I have my jacket hanging on the back of a chair (so I'm ready at a moments notice to take her outside) until I put it down for her to sleep on.

I was worried about the puppy getting into the cat's food, or--worse--into the "crunchy treats" in the litter box. Bailey wouldn't eat anything that wasn't in her food dish, so she was never a problem, but I figured it would be an uphill battle with the puppy. Turns out I had it all wrong.

This morning, I see Dakota hovering near her food dish, and I hear the cat growling. I looked around the corner...and found the CAT eating the DOG'S food. Sheesh.

Dakota can make it about four hours between potty breaks when she's in her crate. So, bed at nine, up at midnight-ish, back to bed, up at four-ish. It's a lot like having a new baby (with TEETH, who can outrun you). Today, the DH and DD are going up to the mountains to hang with the family members who don't have a tree yet and are going to whack one down. This leaves me alone with the baby... **sigh**

============================

So, I actually managed to write a little yesterday. That's so earth shattering! I also almost finished the current round of edits on "A Change of Heart", so that's good, too. I'm moving forward, one little bitty baby step at a time.

============================

What Your Sleeping Position Says

You are calm and rational person with a good deal of balance in your life.
Friends consider you to be kind, caring, and truly loyal.
You are easy going and trusting. However, you are too sensible to fall for mind games.
Open to the world, you are not afraid to be yourself.

If you don't get enough sleep, you are: Able to cope

It's hard to sleep next to you because: You're a bed hog


Um... no. I'm NOT a bed hog. Me? Calm? Ha. Easy-going? HAHA... Open to the world? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

You?

6 comments:

Dru said...

I got the same statements you got.

The only two statement that are not me are I'm not really open to the word and I'm definitely not a bed hog.

Good luck with your writing and editing and training Dakota.

Have a good day.

groovyoldlady said...

bed hog? Me? I have to FIGHT my little corner of the world or Mulletman steals ALL the covers.

Tori Lennox said...

I got the same thing. And who cares if I'm a bed hog (not that I am!), I sleep alone anyway.

Brandy said...

Mine says: You have a passion for everything - including sleeping.
Outgoing and brash, you tend to still shock those who know you well.
You tend to be selfish. You are the most likely type to take over the whole bed.
You gravitate toward comfort and don't like extreme situations.

If you don't get enough sleep, you are: In a very bad mood

It's hard to sleep next to you because: You hog the covers.
Um, I hate to bust their bubble, but not a word of this is true. Hubs hogs the covers and if I let him, he's hog the bed too. I am not selfish and if I don't get enough sleep, I am very very quiet, not cranky. *g* It was interesting though.
Dakotas habit of sleeping on your coat is cute! Daughter forgets constantly to hang her's back up and the cats like to curl up in it. *g*
Have a wonderful sunday!

Jen said...

Sounds like you need a little breathing room. It's interesting juggling everything, isn't it?

Diane Craver said...

I just realized you have a puppy. Busy weekend and didn't read any blogs. Good luck with training Dakota and she's a cute puppy.