Friday, December 07, 2007

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Winter either bites with its teeth or lashes with its tail. ~ Proverb

DH is going snowmobiling today. I honestly don't see the attraction, though he swears I'd love it if I tried. There are two downfalls to the sport, IMHO: snow and cold.

I'd love snow if it didn't have to be so cold to go along with it! My DD always wants me to go out and play in the snow with her... brrr.... I'm telling you, I got bone-deep cold when I'm outside in this weather. Doctor says it may have something to do with my absurdly low blood pressure (both numbers are in double digits ... like 90 over 67), so my circulation isn't so great.

Not to mention, I have a very strong sense of my own mortality, and a snowmobile is just a motorcycle with skis. DH rode me around our yard once, and scared the pogies out of me. At 20 MPH. So... going 60? So not interested.

Still, it keeps him happy and helps him de-stress, so it's all good.

Why is it, though, that husbands tend to have expensive habits? Boats, motorcycles, snowmobiles? Me? Books. Do you know how many books I could buy for the cost of DH's new boat? And, I probably get just as much enjoyment from them.

============================

DD was doing her grammar yesterday (comma placement, in case you were interested) and asked what was significant about December 7, 1941.

So we had an informal history lesson about Pearl Harbor, and our entry into WWII.



============================

Not going to write much more today, because I'm actually going to work on my writing (fiction writing, as opposed to blog writing). I have time! I just looked at my clock and realized there's almost an hour before anyone gets up. Woo! Maybe the puppy waking me up at 3 a.m. wasn't so bad.

=============================

You Know a Lot About Christmas

You got 6/10 correct

You know tons about the history and traditions surrounding Christmas.
When you celebrate the holidays, you never forget their true meaning - or all the little fun details.

Random Christmas fact: In early England, the traditional Christmas dinner was a pig's head prepared with mustard.


Not loving that whole pig's head idea... ick... What did you score?

5 comments:

Judy said...

7/10 for me... wonder which three I missed...hmmmmm...

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hi, 1st time here, came via Judy. I have bp that low, too. We also share a solid sense of mortality. I am scared of motorcycles, and I have a little dog, though not a puppy, (Yorkie) who will never, I fear, be 100% potty trained. In other words, put you and me together, and you've got a rip-roaring exciting party! Just joking.

Tori Lennox said...

I'm with you on the cold and snowmobiling. Thanks, but no thanks.

I Know a Lot About Christmas

You got 8/10 correct

You know tons about the history and traditions surrounding Christmas.
When you celebrate the holidays, you never forget their true meaning - or all the little fun details.

Random Christmas fact: Thomas Edison has the first Christmas lights, three years after he invented the electric lightbulb.

Dru said...


You got 8/10 correct

You know tons about the history and traditions surrounding Christmas.
When you celebrate the holidays, you never forget their true meaning - or all the little fun details.

Random Christmas fact: "Silent Night" was originally played on guitar.

Brandy said...

I actually sucked at the Christmas quiz! Um, WHAT?
Good luck with the writing!

As for the cold, I'd rather be cold than hot. *g* And a snowmobile sounds kinda fun.

I hope you had a good day!