THE FRIDAY FIFTEEN
Fifteen Closing Lines From My Writing
(Chapter endings because I don't want to give away the end of any story):
1. With a loud crack and a jerk that made his stomach lurch, he tumbled backward.
2. Camilla tossed the words over her shoulder and ran for the door.
3. He decided a shower was definitely in order. An icy one.
4. She turned her hand in his grasp, linking her fingers in his and gave it a squeeze, keeping her hand in his until they arrived at the shelter.
5. Yep, he determined that he did indeed like it hot.
6. She glanced over her shoulder and said, “You know the way out.”
7. "Hope your dogs keep you warm.” She stalked into the bedroom and slammed the door.
8. Yes, Tish decided, the night could definitely get worse.
9. He was stunned by the simple intimacy of that gesture and his hands hovered, empty, in the air for endless seconds as he watched her walk away.
10. Time to go see the sheriff.
11. She would head for the eastern edge of town, away from the Lazy S Dude Ranch, away from any reminder of him.
12. Jan smiled, sad and empathetic. "Because no one else ever was."
13. She grabbed on so tightly Clint figured he'd have bruises by tomorrow.
14. She tried, but failed, to keep her heart from sinking when he walked out her door.
15. "Because I don't think that's rust on the end." He tugged gloves out of his back pocket and slipped them on. "It's blood."
For my regular readers, there's another post below this one.
Have a great day!