My DH got called into work at midnight last night (he works an hour away), and then returned in less than an hour -- told me they called him en route and said he could do it in the morning after all. Grr... in the meantime, our sleep last night was nearly nonexistent.
So, I'm stealing a couple of memes since my brain isn't quite functioning yet.
161 & 5 Book MemeOk... I have a choice of two sitting on top of each other: "Body Trauma: A writer's guide to wounds and injuries -OR- Crowned: An Ordinary Girl by Natasha Oakley. Hmmm... What the heck, I'll do both.
1. Grab the book closest to you
2. Open it to page 161
3. Find the fifth full sentence
4. Post the text of the sentence to your blog
5. Don't search around for the coolest book you have, use the one that is really next to you.
6. Tag five people to do this meme.
Body Trauma -
Uh-oh... It's a diagram in the burns chapters entitled "Figure 19 - Rule of Nines for Determining Percentage of Body Surface Area.
Guess that won't work. Good thing I have another choice!
Crowned: An Ordinary Girl -
I haven't read this yet, it is going to ruin the story? LOL... Here goes:
The fifth FULL sentence reads: "Dancing with you."
Guess it wasn't a spoiler, huh?
Meme Two is from Alice:I'm not sure if those fall into "Silly Policies", but it's all I could think of on less than five hours sleep and half a cup of coffee.
The Silly Policies We Impose On Ourselves
1. I can't walk past a picture hanging crookedly on the wall. I can't. It's a sickness. God bless the lady at the place I bought my last paintings who told me to use TWO nails (using a level to make sure they are perfectly placed, of course). Now, my pictures don't list one way or the other.
2. I eat my food at room temperature whenever possible. I microwave fruit from the fridge for 15 seconds so that it's not cold. I put ice in my coffee (but not too much -- I HATE iced coffee). If there was a way to have ice cream stay solid at room temperature, I'd eat it that way, too.
3. I am unable to do nothing. DH loves nothing more than to go out on the boat, anchor it and sit. I would LOSE MY MIND. I need to be busy. All the time. It's a good thing I feel that way, considering the abundance of things I've recently added to my schedule.
What strange quirks do you have?