Monday, June 04, 2007

Miscellaneous Monday Meanderings

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” - Ashley Smith

Yesterday I wasted too much time playing The Blogroll Game. I imagine I'll waste even more today :-)

I got some feedback on my novel this past week that made me step back and think, "Does any of this really make sense?" It has, once again, fed my self-doubt and made me think that the story isn't in the least bit publishable (is that even a word?). I've decided to step away from both the book and the feedback for a day or two and return with a fresher outlook. At least that's the plan. We'll see if it works.

In the meantime, I'm back to editing my novella. It occurred to me that there were a few very integral things missing from it and I need to find a place to add them in. I already have the scene ideas in my brain, I just don't know where to put them. Ahh... the glamorous life.

Why is it that your nose never itches until your hands are deep in bread dough? That your best thoughts occur to you at 2 a.m.? That you go to the store for milk, come home with three bags of groceries and forget the milk?

I looked around for a Monday meme today and couldn't find one that interested me. One, though, suggested listing ten positive things to start your week off on a happy note. I rejected it because honestly the mood I've been in, I don't know if I could think of ten. But I might be able to manage five. Here we go:

1. I have the happiest child in all the world. She's really never, ever sad. It's incredible.

2. I have the sweetest, gentlest, most beautiful dog in all the world.

3. I have a good,solid roof over my head. This one occurred to me as I listen to the pounding rain outside. I am truly thankful for my roof!

4. I have some truly wonderful internet friends (J, C, D, A, A, and so many more!). Some days I think I'd go loony without you!

5. I am able to pursue my writing and even get it published (wonder of wonders)!

Okay... there are five (I have to admit that, even as I wrote them, I added a "but" negative in my brain after every single one... but I should get credit for not posting that part, right?).

What about you? What are five (or more!) positive things in your life? What are you grateful for? What makes you smile and lifts your heart?

Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

anno said...

1) My husband's sense of humor.
2) My daughter's flair for the dramatic.
3) Strawberries ripening in the garden!
4) My book club, my internet circle, and my homeschooling cooperative -- excellent friends!
5) Yesterday's rain.

Dewey said...

What I'm REALLY happy about today is that I get the sutures and splints removed from the surgery I had last week! I am so happy about that that I don't even need four more!