Monday, July 18, 2005

Paperclips or Puppy Dogs?



Maybe I'm weird, but man - I love my Microsoft Office Assistant. For a long time, I settled for that funky little paperclip, not caring about what my help looked like. But then, one day I was killing time between chapters and checked out my options.

Really, how cool is that goofy dog? His name is Rocky and I adore him! I remember when I left Word open behind Internet Explorer, and when I finally closed out of IE, there was my puppy, having a nap on the screen. Awwww....

I find myself animating him all the time. And I feel moderately guilty when I close out of Word or Excel and he has to go back into his little hole. He seems pretty chipper when he does it, but when he comes out for the first time, he's even happier.

My little buddy helps me keep Word open even after I feel like I have nothing more to write. My helper, my encourager. My husband says I should thank Mrs. Bill Gates -- so, Thank You from the bottom of my heart.

Oh yeah, and how's Camilla coming? Well, I'm still a bit behind my goal - but so close. I have 32,744 words... about 1,000 words short of my goal. Big thunderboomers are moving in, so I need to shut down, but maybe I can get back on tonight and meet my goal. We'll have to see how it goes.

My brick and mortar doggie is terrified of the storm. I sure hope my cyber doggie does okay.

2 comments:

Al1801 said...

I'm a rocky owner too. I feed mine on "Meaty Biutes and Vegemite." :)

Marianne Arkins said...

Al,

Ugh. Vegemite? And he still comes home at night?