Friday, July 15, 2005

It's a girl!



Please join me in welcoming to the (writing) world, 70 inches long, [censored] pounds, brown hair and eyes:

Allaina Arkins

Where did I get the name? Well, I have to thank Nora Roberts for using Gaelic in her books – I got Allaina from there. And Arkins is an anagram of my last name. I loved the meanings though, especially as they pertained to writing.

Allaina: Extremely intelligent in thought and deed, you are gifted at communication and finding practical applications for your ideas. You are strong willed and ambitious and need to have passion, freedom and adventure in your life. Always willing to help others your warm, honest and loyal nature ensures that you are loved by all. It is likely that you will achieve a great deal of success and recognition in life.

Arkins: You are fair-minded, wise and peace loving and are always willing to help others. Your mental capabilities and creativity are well marked with wonderful and original ideas which you need to bring to tangible fruition. Perceptive and understanding of others your positive approach to life and influential nature means that you have leadership qualities. There is great potential for success both financially and spiritually.

What more could any writer want?

Now, I think I can stop obsessing about a name, and start obsessing about finishing Camilla. It's currently at 30,589 words. Only 24,411 more to go!!

PS. Thanks to Boston UK for the name definitions

No comments: