Sunday, July 17, 2005

Decisions, decisions....



Today I'm working on my synopsis for Camilla.

I'd rather stick my hand down the garbage disposal and turn it on. Thankfully, that's not an option since I don't have a garbage disposal, but I'm sure I could find an alternative.

I've been putting this off forever, but am finally in the place where I need one. Actually more than one. The main reason I'm doing this now is for contest entries. But here's my problem - this contest wants a four page synopsis, that one requires a one page and that one over there? Well, you can submit up to ten pages!

What's a girl to do? Especially when the book isn't completed and the characters keep looking at my outline and snickering amongst themselves as they plot ways to derail the story in my brain.

I've opted to start with a summary of everything I've written so far - get it down on paper and then start messing with it. That's certainly not enough, and any writing has been a bit like giving birth without the epidural lately, so I'm not producing much to keep that [censored] synopsis growing.

So I sit at the computer, ignoring the call of spider solitaire (okay, I'll be honest, sometimes I give in to the lure), put my fingers on the keys and .... nothing.

I think I'm going to have my husband install a disposal - either for my manuscript or my hand. Or maybe both. I'm not that great at those kinds of decisions.

No comments: