Friday, July 29, 2005

Now what?

So... I've only written about 1300 new words this past week. Truly pathetic. I think the problem is that I've written myself - or my heroine rather - into an unexpected corner.

So now what?

Do I trash the whole scene? If I do... then what? Because, in my head, that scene has already happened, and it's like when you're watching those courtroom dramas and one of the lawyers says something, the other lawyer objects and the judge instructs the jury to disregard what was said.

Yeah. Right.

I guess I really just need to figure out what's going to happen to the heroine in this scene. Even if I end up not using it in the final version of the novel, it's something that happens to her. I know her, and her family and friends, well enough that I should be able to figure it out.

Maybe if I take the pressure off of myself to actually create something usable and just free write like crazy, I'll get past it. Or maybe not.

But I need to do something since my goal date for completion of the first draft is slipping away by the minute. Soon it will be un-catchable (is that even a word?).

So.

Now what?

================

As an aside, I'm in chapter nine of HP6 and still pretty much bored. It's been "a day in the life of Harry Potter" and nothing spectacular has happened to make me want to turn pages. I think JK is relying on her fan base wanting to know the end, and has gotten a bit lazy. But, that's just my opinion... I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hp6 really a let down. stop reading and buy yourself a decent book