Friday, October 21, 2011

Thing I've Learned About Girls From Sleepovers

DD had a friend sleepover last night (they had a field trip yesterday and have a harvest festival today). I like her friend (how can I not like her... she LOVES Dakota). But I'm exhausted this morning and a bit wiser on how girls works when they run in packs (even small packs of two):

1. Girls are just as rowdy as boys.

We had plenty of activity last night. Running, playing, tug-o-war, wrestling. The dog was in heaven. I was not.

2. There's lots of giggling.

As in nearly non-stop giggling. At one point, her friend was rolling on the floor laughing at something I saw no humor in.

3. There's lots of whispering.

If they aren't giggling, they're talking.

4. There's no "off" switch.

They never, ever want to go to bed.

On a side note, why is it when we're babies / toddlers / kids we never want to nap and "bedtime" is a curse words, but when we're older we'd give anything for a little afternoon siesta?

Already sleep-deprived, I'm barely able to keep my eyes open this morning. I have a feeling today is going to be a very, very long day, especially since I suspect there is more tree dragging in my future.

Have a great weekend all!

====================




You Are a Deer



You are trusting of yourself and others. You give people the benefit of the doubt.

You are grateful for this life you've been given. You feel blessed for what you have.

You see the world through the eyes of a child. You are rarely cynical or jaded.

You are unselfconscious and totally natural in your behavior. You are free-spirited.



HAHAHAHAHA... no. That's about 95% wrong.

*snort*

===================

5 comments:

Dru said...

I hope you can catch up on your sleep this weekend.

I'm a deer also, and it's 50% accurate.

Have a great weekend!

Maria Zannini said...

Just the mere thought of more than one little girl in the room sends shivers up my back. The giggles would drive me insane.

I'll bet Dakota had a blast.

Angelina Rain said...

I'm so sorry. Sleepovers are only fun when your kid is the guest at the other person's house. That way you get to relax. Maybe this weekend you will get to relax and rest some.

I took the quiz and I'm a fox. It's mostly true, except I can be a bit moody (blamming it on PMS).

You are highly observant and mindful. You take in a lot of information, and you're very perceptive.
You are flexible and adaptable. You adjust easily to life's changes, as drastic as they may be.

You tend to have neutral moods. You don't experience crazy highs or lows.
You are talented at brainstorming and independent thinking. You believe in your ideas.

Melissa McClone said...

Hahaha! I have one rule. If you have a sleepover and don't sleep, you won't have another one. I can't stand cranky kids the next day. They've taken it to heart thankfully!

Brandy said...

Daughter hasn't had many sleepovers. She tends to be protective of her personal space. Glad your DD is experiencing all the fun! Although I hope you grabbed a small nap today!
I'm a deer as well and it's 25% correct. I AM grateful for the Blessings in my life.

I hope you have a delightful weekend!