Thursday, October 27, 2011

The "S" Word

Sorry about missing yesterday... but I was totally blank. I'm not much better today, really, since I finally managed to drag myself out of bed at 4 a.m. (I've had my alarm set for 4 a.m. the past couple of weeks, but haven't actually managed to get my lazy self up until nearly five).

I need to get up earlier now because it's the start of hunting season, and DH has taken off the next two weeks starting with Friday. He's very, very good at filling my day with jobs, so if I'm going to do NaNoWriMo (and that still feels like a pipe dream to me, but I'm going to try) and get the rest of my usual work done, I need to give myself some extra time in the a.m.

We went to dog agility for the first time in a really long time last night. While I really do love going, it's gotten to be SO difficult with DD's school stuff. We had a great time, though, and Dakota was thrilled to see all her friends.

The weatherman said the "S" word. Yes, it's true, we might see some snow tonight and then again this weekend. Already! It usually doesn't snow until Thanksgiving or so. Granted, the ground isn't frozen, so it's not going to stick, but even so .... we're going from late summer weather to winter practically overnight. I swear it's getting to be two seasons anymore: summer, winter. Who needs spring and fall?

I need to dig out my flannel sheets. :::shivers:::

==================




You Are Oxygen



You are highly observant. No detail slips past you.

You follow the rules - even if you don't particularly like them.

Beyond being a good leader, you are good at inspiring others. You push everyone you know to be a little better.

You are polite and courteous. You always mind your manners.



That's pretty much right.

1 comment:

Angelina Rain said...

Good luck on getting up early for Nano. I haven't had time to write lately, so I got up an hour earlier today to write. I managed to write 1200 words this morning.