Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Invasion of the Germs

DH is getting sick. He came home last night all stuffed up and miserable. I don't know if he'll stay home today or not, but I'm betting he might. I hope he keeps his germs to himself.

The weather site says we might actually be getting our first frost here this week. It's late, but I'm not complaining. At first I was dying for a freeze so Dakota would be less itchy, but her allergies have cleared up (both goldenrod and ragweed are pretty much past, and those are my two suspects for her allergies) so, I'd really just love no frost every please. Yeah, I know, I'm practically in Canada, but I can dream.

On the other hand, they predict temps in the 80s for the weekend. :::scratches head:::

Weird New England weather.

It's been a month since I submitted "Now and Forever" to Samhain Publishing. They said twelve weeks ... so I'm not surprised I haven't heard. Just antsy.

It's only three weeks until NaNoWriMo. I keep waffling on whether I should even try to participate. I love NaNoWriMo, but my life is already insane. *sigh* At least DH isn't off the entire month like usual to mess with my routine. He's only taking off two weeks.

Can you believe there are stations out here (well, in Boston) already starting to play CHRISTMAS MUSIC? I miss the days when Christmas didn't start until after Thanksgiving. Anymore, I'm sick of the holiday by the time it comes, and that makes me a little sad.

Have a great day!

==================




You Are Openly Ambitious and Secretly Brainy



You are driven and determined. You'll figure out a way to realize your dreams.

You are energetic to the point of being impatient. You can't wait for life to happen.

You are a dynamic and interesting person. You are constantly changing, growing, and improving.

You are a total brainiac who enjoys learning new things. You think studying is just plain fun.



That's pretty much right...

================

5 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Has it been a month already? I will keep my fingers crossed, but the story (and series) sounds so wonderful, I'm sure they'll buy it.

Angelina Rain said...

Good luck on the sub. Hope you get a yes.

I noticed Christmas stuff around here too lately. Anymore, I hate the holidays. when I was a kid they used to be so magical. Now, all it is is a 'buy this, buy that, we need to make a profit" holiday. Sometimes I wonder if the younger generation even knows why we celebrate Christmas. I'm sure some of them, who have been raised right, know. But most probably think it's a date to exchange lots of gifts that you got on sale. Then again, maybe I'm so bitter about the holidays because for the last 5 years I had to work on them and it was all about big sales, sales, sales. $$$

Brandy said...

Sorry to hear your DH is sick. Sick men are the most hair-pulling thing I've yet to come across. *g* If you don't do Nano, what will you do? (I mean writing-wise.)

Your weather sounds as crazy as ours this past week.

I can't believe there are stations already playing Christmas music. I expect retailers to put out Christmas displays, especially the craft-type stores. But, the radio stations? That's just nuts.

Hope you have a good day!

Dru said...

Crossing fingers for your submission.

Sorry that DH is sick. I hope his germs stay with him.

Tori Lennox said...

Any radio station here starts playing Christmas music this early will find themselves banned by me. Idiots.